Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i rode my f3 to work on a very windy day and sadly the wind blew te bike on right side. I wasn't present but picked it up soon after. Little rash but nothing wrong until I pull the throttle open and it doesn't snap back. Now it didn't slowly go back it didn't move. I effectively gained cruise control, sounds cool but no thanks I'd like it to snap back where it belongs. Any clues on the issues? The bar may be a little bit off but I don't see how the cables could have been kinked or somehow lost all the lubricant in them over just tipping over. I can still shut the throttle but it's a safety issue and I'm open to suggestions. Thanks guys

D

·
0 Posts
Return throttle cable more than likely snapped, or maybe the spring on the throttle body came dislodged. People over at a Honda 600F forum would know better than us.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man I'll have to check those two out, I'm just trying to fond all possible causes and check them all

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well i rode my f3 to work on a very windy day and sadly the wind blew te bike on right side. I wasn't present but picked it up soon after. Little rash but nothing wrong until I pull the throttle open and it doesn't snap back. Now it didn't slowly go back it didn't move. I effectively gained cruise control, sounds cool but no thanks I'd like it to snap back where it belongs. Any clues on the issues? The bar may be a little bit off but I don't see how the cables could have been kinked or somehow lost all the lubricant in them over just tipping over. I can still shut the throttle but it's a safety issue and I'm open to suggestions. Thanks guys
as dumb as this sounds, it might be a simple fix, check if your throttle line is hung up somewhere, like on the resivour or something... Had the same issue, I actually began taking off my cable when I noticed that lul.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cant even mess with it untill friday
and friday only till 4 cuz i have work at 5
tomorrow im working 8 am to 5 pm. then ive got a baseball game im going to with family and a girl. so friday morning is my best chance :D watch think though? just lines kinked or snapped? it coulda been lubed better so maybe it just snapped
i honestly think that or it being disconnected would be the easiest things to fix. none of it seems that hard though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts