Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, adjusting my throttle cable today the tension got to near perfect then it happened, The top part that has the lock nut that goes flat against to where the kill switch is started to come out and now I have no idea how to get it back in. It's completely loose and can't get it to lock back tight. There is now no slack in the throttle. Will post a video once it loads to youtube. Any insight in the mean time will be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody know how i can get that piece screwed back in there right?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do the threads go over top of the whole tube that connects to the cable inside the kill switch?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it did snap if I can just get the threads out can I just replace the elbow or do I need to whole cable?

D

·
0 Posts
The tube threads into the throttle housing, and the nut is just a lock nut to keep it from spinning. That is not an adjustment point for the throttle.

You'll need the whole cable, and maybe the throttle housing if that is damaged as well.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeahhhhh I learned that it wasn't adjusting it after I remembered I had the service manual on my computer FML! By that time the nut was already spinning like a break dancer.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok got all the way down to the throttle body now. Is it neccasary to remove it? Or is there a way to snake to the bottom and remove the cable

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Can't see vid @ work but if you're just replacing the cables there's no need to remove the throttle body.

Just "snake" it from the bottom and use a pair of pliers to re-insert the cable to the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually fixed it. No snapped threads or anything. When I attempted to adjust the cable on the lock nut it had only "backout" the elbow from the starter switch so I had to loosen up the cable from the throttle body to spin it back into the switch. Nice and tight now, just have to put it back together. Random question though. Since I have it apart, if I put a BMC or other filter in with a slip on if I don't have a PC installed is it going to hurt it more than help? Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Your bike will have a good chance of running lean, so it could do more harm than good.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replaced the stock air filter with another stock one just for maintenance purposes. Everything is back together minus the tank cover. Thanks for the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts