Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MAXIMUS
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I commute 40 miles to school and work everyday with my rr and as you all know, its not the most comfortable bike for long commutes. I find my thorttle hand falling asleep and numb after awhile, I do shake it off now and then which helps a little but if I can have something like a thorttle lock that works good, boy that would be great! I was wondering if anyone that has this product or any experience about this give me some input on it. Its about 150ish for my 2003 600rr so I don't want to jump into something and find out its crap afterwards. Im not exactly sure how it works and how to active it, it seems like the bar end just put pressure on the thorttle to keep it in place. Im concern about the release feature of it, if any, like if I push the thorttle forward would the lock release? Thanks

·
Registered
857 Posts
there is a product that is connected to your grip and has some type of wrist rest to help
you relax your fingers. cant remember what it is called.

·
Registered
606 Posts
There's actually two versions of it...

The first is called the "Throttle Rocker" and the other is called the "Cramp Buster". Most cruiser oriented stores carry them, and I had one on my 900rr for commuting until some douche bag stole it. They work really well and don't LOCK the throttle open, which I feel can be dangerous. Instead it allows you to relax your grip, stretch your hands, and control the throttle with the palm of your hand and write instead. They're also super cheap, and easy to install and take off.

·
MAXIMUS
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The first is called the "Throttle Rocker" and the other is called the "Cramp Buster". Most cruiser oriented stores carry them, and I had one on my 900rr for commuting until some douche bag stole it. They work really well and don't LOCK the throttle open, which I feel can be dangerous. Instead it allows you to relax your grip, stretch your hands, and control the throttle with the palm of your hand and write instead. They're also super cheap, and easy to install and take off.
Thanks I'll give this a try, much cheaper than the product I listed above but I hope it works well for my need. Do you recommend both left and right? Do you just rest the palm of the wrist to control the throttle? I am worried if I accidently push down on my palm it'll just gun the bike?

·
Registered
668 Posts

+1 on the Throttle Rocker great inexpensive investment. I bought one when me and a buddy of mine went on a road trip to the beach for a weekend (3 hour ride). I grabbed one for a HD dealership. Love it you won't regret it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have had the throttlemeister for a couple of months. Pricy, but is an excellent product. Correctly installed, it does not "lock" the throttle, only puts pressure on the grip to hold it in place, you can still easily operate the throttle. I got the black, standard size and it looks like a normal bar end. Excellent product and i recommed it if you want to part with the cash. I would do it again on any bike, makes 300 mile ride enjoyable. I can rest my right arm on the tank for a time and maybe adjust the speed a litttle if needed. Cant tell it's on there and no cheap plastic crap on the grip.

·
Registered
198 Posts
^^+100 with that statement.

My 07 R1 suffers from vibby bars at cruising speed and yeap, I'm loose on the bars. The problem with the Yamaha is there is no end weight. That thing on the end is more of a cap than offering any substantial vibration deadening and there is no (zero) internal weight as well, unlike my 03 600RR which has.

The Throttlemiester solves that by installing a hefty internal weight as well as the external one. And they come in two alternative weight sizes too. STD (which I got and did the job) or a larger and I presume, heavier type.

This product is very well made....very precise and when fitted correctly, will not uncontrollably lock the throttle. You still have control when it is activated.

I got it to rest my hand from long and boring FWY runs but now that it's suppressed the vibes, I don't use it's main feature....should of just filled the bars with lead I hear you say. But the feature is there if needed and they do look good...they don't look like cheap AM end weights.

·
MAXIMUS
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had the throttlemeister for a couple of months. Pricy, but is an excellent product. Correctly installed, it does not "lock" the throttle, only puts pressure on the grip to hold it in place, you can still easily operate the throttle. I got the black, standard size and it looks like a normal bar end. Excellent product and i recommed it if you want to part with the cash. I would do it again on any bike, makes 300 mile ride enjoyable. I can rest my right arm on the tank for a time and maybe adjust the speed a litttle if needed. Cant tell it's on there and no cheap plastic crap on the grip.
I do not quite understand how you activate the throttlemeister to hold the thorttle at the speed you want, can you explain, thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
check "see it work" on the throttlemeister web site.
basically you just turn it - the same direction you advance the throttle, and it puts friction pressure on the end of the grip to overide the spring pressure. Once there you can still adjust the throttle by manually turning it on or off, but you can also take your hand off and it will stay in the position you left it in. Rotated OFF, you can't even tell they are on there. The standard size replaces the bar ends and is about the same size as the stock bar ends. I got the black ones and the look like they belong there. The Heavy ones are longer and while easier to work, they look too long in my oinion. They sure make a long rode trip easy. Don't use them in town.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
i might be interested in a throttle rocker for those long trips that i sometimes take

·
Registered
159 Posts
I find the correct riding posture helps so that you aren't putting your weight on your wrists. Also on long trips I would either rest my elbows on my knees or lye on my chest/stomach to reduce pressure off my wrists.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts