Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It might not be a problem and just something to get used to. Problem is when letting off the throttle, there is no space between getting gas and slowing down so abruptly it feels like you could be using the front brake.

I'm not trying to stunt but I will use them as an example. I've seen tons of vids of them standing on the seat, etc and the bike doesnt accelerate but doesn't seem to be braking either. If I tried that when I let off the throttle with my hand the bike would slow drasticly. Is this normal for the bike or something I should get looked at?

-polarity

·
Registered
162 Posts
What you are experiencing is probably normal. Those stunt bikes have large sprockets and they also bump up idle so they don't have to manipulate the throttle during stunts. That also reduces their engine braking dramatically.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Works for me. I have been riding it just fine, to avoid the jerky feeling I usually just use the clutch before I fully release the throttle.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I'm a bit confused what you're asking, but it sounds to me like you're referring to when you let off the throttle the bike seems to aggressively slow down without room to ease off the gas? This is very normal and it's called engine braking. It will take some practice to use very light increments with the throttle, and it's not always so easy. Factors including slow speeds on the street and having over 100hp to the rear wheel can make it difficult sometimes, especially slow speed street riding where you'll constantly be getting on and off the gas. You should notice every time the throttle is let off quickly that there will be significant weight load transferring to the front of the bike which will generally feel like you've just used some front brake.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds like it exactly 03cbr-rider. It feels like I'm braking but I'm not. Now at least I know it's normal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts