Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 Cbr600 with a full exhaust system (Ti-Force headers & Erion exhaust) and power commander 5. I've found that the throttle response especially <6-7K RPM to be incredibly twitchy. You can turn the throttle tube maybe 2mm and it will feel like throttle is on/off. Could this possibly be due to the full exhaust/pc5 mapping? Is there a way for me to adjust the power commander or do I have to get it professionally done? I looked at the maps online for PC, but it appears they don't have a setup like mine? What do you do then?

At first I thought it was my poor throttle control, but after letting several people ride it, they commented exactly the same. Talked to some other CBR owners, and they mentioned it was a common problem as well?I also have an 07 Street bike with just a slip on (no PC), and it is no where nearly as bad.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
You could try, other maps from dynotune, other peoples maps if they would send them to you, or you could get an autotune and let it go to town.

Usually the best thing to do is research shops in your state or the next one over and find one that has a good reputation for dynotuning.
Take it there and let them do a custom map for you. It will take care of the twitchy/snatchy throttle.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Whats the deal with the autotune on the PC5 vs custom tune? Also, if I remove the Power commander, will it make things smoother? Or will it be even more rough w/the full exhuast? I'm not concerned about the potential 3-4hp gains I would see with a PC.

·
Registered
134 Posts
When does this happen? Are you talking about the OFF/ON throttle transition? If so there is not a whole lot you can do. The problem being that on most of today's bikes the stock ECU shuts the injectors OFF when you let off the throttle. There is a lag when you reapply the throttle. No piggyback style fuel controller can overcome this. You can add some fuel in the 2% column which may help but will probably not make it go completely away.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When does this happen? Are you talking about the OFF/ON throttle transition? If so there is not a whole lot you can do. The problem being that on most of today's bikes the stock ECU shuts the injectors OFF when you let off the throttle. There is a lag when you reapply the throttle. No piggyback style fuel controller can overcome this. You can add some fuel in the 2% column which may help but will probably not make it go completely away.
It usually happens mid corner. This is on my track bike. Essentially I'll try to maintain throttle during mid-corner, sometimes I will let off the gas a tiny bit during mid corner, and the bike will literally lunge as if I cut off power completely.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Unfortunately not a lot a piggyback style unit can do to help that. If the guys that are flashing these ECUs can keep the injectors ON during decel then you would be able to use the PC to adjust this area.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
have same comments as OP. (Arrow syst./pc5)

and same problem

very on/off @ 6-7krpm, very hard to get smooth pickup from closed throttle.

best solution i have found is keep revs above 8k mid turn....

which is not always possible!

OP - see "ECU unleashed thread"

·
Registered
462 Posts
have same comments as OP. (Arrow syst./pc5)

and same problem

very on/off @ 6-7krpm, very hard to get smooth pickup from closed throttle.

best solution i have found is keep revs above 8k mid turn....

which is not always possible!

OP - see "ECU unleashed thread"
Your right Tray, but my HRC ecu completely eliminated that lurch.

If you special order from ECU unleashed, they my be able to bump up idle speed to say 2200rpm , that should help alot.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
i have had this exact same problem with my bike until i made some changes in the fuel table in my PC3, now my on/off throttle transition is smooth it feels like a different bike, the abruptness disappeared.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts