Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Had my first weekend of riding my new blue beauty this weekend. The bike performed without a hitch except for one thing. My throttle seems to be sticking a bit. While twisting the throttle it feels as though the grip is dragging on the bar or something. It kinda scared me at one point when I was trying to downshift and the throttle got stuck open, causing the bike to scream and lunge forward.
I need to fix this and I was wondering if you all knew of any causes and hopefully a fix for this. I wonder if I can just take the grip off and grease it or something. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Check if the grip is rubbing on the bar end, or the kill switch housing. If not, clean between the tube and clip-on. Mine was doing the same thing when I got it, it had a bunch of gunk under the tube. A squirt of WD-40, like new.

·
Registered
572 Posts
my grips get pulled into the center every time i trailer my bike and strap it down with canyon dancers. that will cause them to bind on the switch housing.

:+1: on cleaning it if its not binding

·
Registered
251 Posts
Take it to TOYOTA they seem to have the answer to this problem.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Check if the grip is rubbing on the bar end, or the kill switch housing. If not, clean between the tube and clip-on. Mine was doing the same thing when I got it, it had a bunch of gunk under the tube. A squirt of WD-40, like new.
Kapwinggg!

That was my problem with my 05. I cleaned up the inside of my throttle tube/right clipon and sprayed it with some dry Teflon wax.

Silk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts