Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I'm debating whether to go both Sept. 26 and the Oct. 10 or just one of those dates. The problem is all my friends who went to the track with me before sort of disappeared. Either they're busy working or they've sold their bikes. I need a buddy to carpool and truck my bike up there.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'll be there this Monday. What group are you gonna be in?

·
Registered
291 Posts
My buddies and I were running an open track day on Oct. 6th. It rained all morning then magically at noon it dried up and the day was epic. We only ran 28 riders with a 30 rider cap. As you know that is very few riders for as big of a track as it was.

We plan on doing this again next year, would anyone else be interested? PM me. I'll make sure to spread the news next year when we got closer. WE ARE NOT A TRACK TIME PROVIDER, JUST A COUPLE OF GUYS MAKING THE MOST OF THEIR MONEY AND THEIR TRACK TIME.

·
Registered
673 Posts
BDT, next time you come to northern California, let us know.

This guy rode to the track in his one-piece, in the train, to have it canceled; major bummer. I also heard from some people that a guy from BC was there... also felt bad that it turned out that way for you.... good thing you were there the two days before! haha

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I usually go in the spring and fall. I always do a double or triple header since it's such a long way to go. I'll post up a thread when I go.

I think I saw that guy in the one piece. I think he stayed at the hotel I was in. Was it a blue R1? I saw he had Supercorsas. Not the greatest to ride home in the rain with.

·
Registered
291 Posts
who do you guys normally run with? or do you just stack em up when you can?

Ever make it out to Reno/Fernley?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like going with Keigwins. They're the best t-day organization I've ever been with and usually have back to back weekends at T-Hill and Miller, but I'll stack em up if that's what I have to do.

I've never been to Reno. Heard it's pretty cool.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I like going with Keigwins. They're the best t-day organization I've ever been with and usually have back to back weekends at T-Hill and Miller, but I'll stack em up if that's what I have to do.

I've never been to Reno. Heard it's pretty cool.
+1 to Keigwins. They really have a good organization, which attracts good, safe riders. I've ridden with PTT for a season and a half. Not going back unless it's a price and time I can't pass up.

Reno is a little bumpy and the tar snakes can be a little daunting, but it is a great combination of technical and speed. :thumbup:

The font straight dumps into a slight chicane going into a long flat left (similar to 2 at T-hill) so it's just a ton of speed while leaned over. :banger:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts