Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2007 600RR last night with 2600 miles on it. As I was riding it home when I would be stopped at a light I noticed this slight ticking sounds. It didn't sounds like a valve tick. If I give it a little gas it goes away. Just wondering if this is normal or not.

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
More than likely just the normal valve tick or even the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More than likely just the normal valve tick or even the fuel injectors.
Ah yes could be the injectors, forgot about that. Honestly it sounds like it could be pretty normal but my F4i doesn't make that sounds so I just wanted to be sure. Thanks man.

·
Registered
475 Posts
check the oil level? and change it if you can. probably normal but you never know.

Just stating what i would do first, because it woudlnt hurt. maybe post a video if you can

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
check the oil level? and change it if you can. probably normal but you never know.

Just stating what i would do first, because it woudlnt hurt. maybe post a video if you can
Oil level is good but I will do an oil change very soon. If I can get a good vid where you can clearly hear the noise I will post it up.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Its the injectors noise

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
I know what you mean a co worker / friend had an F4 that he just sold and bought a GSXR750 (07) his dream bike is so much happier now even though it had 52k on the odometer he was happy he moved up

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Yeah, my '09 does that too... Always assumed injectors, because well... it sounds like injectors.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yup, probably injectors.

My 900RR's coils for the spark plugs were right behind the steering stem just under the tank, I heard those click something fierce!

Welcome to the love of the 600RR!

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
That is very good to hear.

I have to admit that I love this bike :)
Welcome to the 07+ club. I'm curious though... How does the F4i compare to the 600rr? In your words...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the 07+ club. I'm curious though... How does the F4i compare to the 600rr? In your words...
Just a completely different animal. On RR you sit higher, more leaned over, feet are more back, gauges are lower. The RR gearbox is smoother and not such a long throw, the clutch is smoother, the brakes are 100x better, not as "grabby" and will slow you down way faster than the F4i. The suspension is a lot better. As for power. I think my F4i is faster off the line but once the RR gets into its power band you better watch out cause nothing will catch it. As for the corners, well I am just more used to my F4i so I can go hard into a corner, lay it over and think nothing of it, the RR on the other hand handles completely different and I'm just not used to it yet so I am taking it very easy. I think a lot of it has to do with the HESD. Honestly it hard to compare the 2 cause they are worlds apart. When the F4i came out it was a sports bike but now that I have both I think of the F4i as more of a sport-tourer and the RR as a sport bike.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Just a completely different animal. On RR you sit higher, more leaned over, feet are more back, gauges are lower. The RR gearbox is smoother and not such a long throw, the clutch is smoother, the brakes are 100x better, not as "grabby" and will slow you down way faster than the F4i. The suspension is a lot better. As for power. I think my F4i is faster off the line but once the RR gets into its power band you better watch out cause nothing will catch it. As for the corners, well I am just more used to my F4i so I can go hard into a corner, lay it over and think nothing of it, the RR on the other hand handles completely different and I'm just not used to it yet so I am taking it very easy. I think a lot of it has to do with the HESD. Honestly it hard to compare the 2 cause they are worlds apart. When the F4i came out it was a sports bike but now that I have both I think of the F4i as more of a sport-tourer and the RR as a sport bike.
Hey, thanks for responding, thats a pretty solid evaluation. Just wait till you get the feel for the HESD :banger:. On rare occasions it does restrict what I want to do, but I just consider that a good thing. I'd much rather have the HESD, than an analog/manual steering damper. For the most part, it seems the HESD is just about spot on, in terms of how you should be handling the bike at the speed your going.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Would it still be valves or injectors if the noise starts a few min AFTER a cold start? Basically when I start the bike cold (in the morning) there's no tick... but as it warms up the tick is more pronounced. Now would that be injectors too? Or valves?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Would it still be valves or injectors if the noise starts a few min AFTER a cold start? Basically when I start the bike cold (in the morning) there's no tick... but as it warms up the tick is more pronounced. Now would that be injectors too? Or valves?
I am thinking that would be valves. The reason is because if the bike is running the injectors are working no matter what so if it was an injector tick you should hear it at all times. Tolerances are tighter when the bike is cold so that is probably why you don't hear it until after it warms up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts