Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so as the title says... I need advice for tickets. I just got popped for A) Reckless driving: driving on rear wheel of mc- must appear and B) Exhibition of speed: driving on rear wheel of mc- fine $85.

I wondering what other peoples experieances are with these, if a lawyer is a good idea, ect.

Not that it really matters, but for the exhibition of speed I was at BP and don't think I ever got more than 5mph over the limit.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Haha, I just got a unreasonable and imprudent speed ticket... was doing 145 and the awsome cop only gave me the imprudent ticket.. talked to the DA and tried to get it lowered.. he said due to my past record he was unwilling to work with me lol. Oh well, it was only $200 and 4pts. Could have been much worse :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
6rr_lv said:
Alright so as the title says... I need advice for tickets. I just got popped for A) Reckless driving: driving on rear wheel of mc- must appear and B) Exhibition of speed: driving on rear wheel of mc- fine $85.
QUOTE]

I would have to say you got the reckless for being on the rear wheel... and the EoS ticket for something else... how fast were you going?

Because usually you can only issue one citation per offense and in this case, he would need to pick the more applicable charge - either Reckless or EoS, but not both.

I'd check your state's traffic law and see exactly what the code section says before you make any phone calls to the local courthouse...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Here in WI they can issue as many citations in one stop as need be...and no, my insurance is great, 44 bucks a month, 0 deduct.. full coverage. and I'm only 21 :) And 4 pts aint much.. I got stopped 2 years ago and got a speeding ticket that was worth 6 :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts