Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever got a ticket for their liscen tag being improperly displayed? I have the euro underteil and my tag is atatched to it. It is clearly visable from more than 20ft back. Me and my roommate were riding down the strip in Myrtle Beach SC and a bicycle cop came up to us at a red light and gave us both tickets for our tags not being straight up and down. We are fom NC and the law is different here and the cop still gave us the ticket. His first words to us when he came up to us was " Who wants a ticket?" It was total harrasment.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Damn, that sucks. Try to find a copy of the specific law you were violating if you plan to go the day of court. Otherwise I'd just cough up the 15-20 bucks it's going to cost and call it a day.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
You would get a ticket in Virginia for it as well.

It has been discussed many times before, almost every undertail illegally displays the teg. Every aftermarket exhaust is illegal. If you are at the strip, you should know before you get there what is illegal.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I find that the more extreme the angle its displayed at, the more likely you are to get a ticket...ive riden in front of probably half a dozen cops in the past couple months and havent gotten a ticket or even pulled over for mine and its angled, but not at a extreme angle like some display theirs.

And just so you know, MOST cops will jack you if they cant read it from 50 feet away.

·
Registered
209 Posts
this is why I like the stock fender ;) I'll probably end up making it in fiberglass so the plate light is more lo pro, but otherwise it's cool with me, if it doesn't arouse the cops' suspicions and I'm running an exhaust ;)

·
Registered
508 Posts
my license plate is tucked under wheel pretty good. havent been stopped so far. i live in SC. guess i been lucky. cops dont bother bikes to much where i live as long as you arent acting all stupid on the road. sorry bout the ticket

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
shane03192002, some people are just d**ks and like spreading their bad moods around I guess. What an ass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts