Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone. I need a hand trying to find out what is wrong. I know it's a long shot but here we go.
2004 CBR600RR
35000km
Hardline slip on
K&N filter
Recently changed oil and spark plugs. Also installed PCV.
Since the recent work done, I have had no issues. Today I put about 250kms on the bike. Was running great. Temperature sat at about 80-85 C. Started riding in the city. Stop, go blah blah. Temps were sitting at about 95-100 C. Started to hear a little ticking noise. Didn't really think anything of it. Until it got louder and the bike jolted. Pulled over and called a tow truck.
So I'm standing here now with a bike that has a nasty tick in the top end that gets louder as the rpms increase.
Help please.

·
Registered
110 Posts
usually when i hear a ticking or knock in the motor on my rmz250 its time for a valve clearance check. more than likely your shims are needing a replacement with something bigger. i know if you have a k&n air filter with a slip on your bike will need to be tuned with a PCV to make it run correctly. so hopefully your pcv is running the correct set up. if not you may have a fuel air ratio incorrect and its throwing a few things off.

just go to a dealer and have them check your valves.

but if anyone else has a better notion on this feel free to speak up.

but this is my best bet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hard to know without more info, if it where me I would post a video. It would help to hear what and where the sounds is coming from and what it sounds like at different rpms from idle and up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts