Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed my bike is making a ticking sound when the clutch is engaged. If I disengage the clutch, the ticking stops. Sounds like the injectors but a little louder.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did search, and it points me to clutch or chain, and because I have complained about my clutch and 2nd gear in a previous thread, I'm guessing its my clutch, but hoping its my chain (10k+ miles on original I assume).

The frequency of the tick doesnt seem to increase with throttle (I'll have to double check to confirm).

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, the links that Demented provided are not related to my situation.

As far as a new clutch... Yeah, I kinda assumed it was fvked from the get go, but because everyone here assumed I shifted like a jack ass, I "hoped" it was because I wasnt applying enough pressure. Hindsight is 20/20.

I'm going to go out and see if I can capture the sound its making.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, just did a run, audio turned out like crap (no foam over the mic), but I didnt hear the ticking this go around. I gave plenty of opportunity for the bike to warm up. Good news... sorta... Still want to get the 1000 next season.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
I did search, and it points me to clutch or chain, and because I have complained about my clutch and 2nd gear in a previous thread, I'm guessing its my clutch, but hoping its my chain (10k+ miles on original I assume).

The frequency of the tick doesnt seem to increase with throttle (I'll have to double check to confirm).
Unless you do a piss poor job of maintaining your chain 10K on the OEM chain isn't sh1t. Mine is at 12K and the chain is still well within the wear indicators.

If you really are that much of a novice at working or general knowledge on your bike, what you need to do is find a local forum and ask for a reputable shop in "pimpville". Have them give the bike a one over, I can guarantee you that unless you absolutely neglected the bike most of the issues you think you are having isn't anything to worry about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts