Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
i am getting my 600rr this weekend and i was wondering where is the best spot to tie it down on the trailer?
the handle bars and where on the back?
would it be ok to put it on the handlebar w/ the throttle?
i havent hauled any bikes and jsut wanted some advice so i dont drop it on the way home or tear up some fairings.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrates on the new bike, I bought these handle bar straps that you can buy at any bike shop. Mine look like a figure 8 and you interlock the 2 ends around each grip and your rachet straps hook onto them (easy). There is another kind that hooks to both grips across the tank I cant remember the name of these things and it is hard to explain but parts dep. were you are buyin the bike will know exactly what you want and they will tell or help you use them. I payed like 10 bucks. They are the best investment ever.
good luck

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was asking because i was buying from an individual. so i can just hook to the handle bars?
where should i hook to on the back end?
the swing arm? subframe?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
on the back I've attached one hook to the passenger peg bracket (there's a closed loop on the bracket) and routed it diagonally across the top of the tire. then I took another the opposite way, using a total of 2 straps up front and 2 in back. I've also transported a bike with just the two up front.

for the front I like to strap it arount the top triple instead of the grips.

congrats on the new bike.

here's a good write-up on hauling your bike:
http://motorcyclistonline.com/howto/hauling/

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was just planning on putting it on the kickstand and then tie down on the grips and somewhere on the rear.
ahhh yes good call on the rear footpegs either way you went with them would be good. forgot all about them.
i would want to go to the triple tree btu i didnt know if it was possible without rubbing the fairings
good info thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Get a canyon dancer for the front and for the back hook onto the rear foot pegs,cross them over the rear tire.That's how i do it and never had a problem.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
a_rudy22 said:
whats a canyon dancer and how much are they
I think its this:

There is another kind that hooks to both grips across the tank I cant remember the name of these things
not sure what it costs. and yes, if you go on the triples they do rub the fairing.

get the bike on the sidestand, loosely strap on the two front straps, then pull the right side tight, effectively lifting it up off the sidestand and getting it sitting closer to vertical. then tighten the left side.

make sure you use two ratchet type straps up front. rear two can be simpler friction type.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think ill just go to the handlebars and the passenger footpegs.
If i can find some ratchet straps that will hook to the bars ill use those. if not ill just use the friction ones and give them a good pull with someone sittin on the bike.
shouldnt be too bad.
put it down hard on the kickstand.

·
Registered
20 Posts
thats one of them it is the more expensive I think those are around 30 bucks either way I would get one. I have hauled bikes without them before and like previously stated when you get the straps tight it does smash in the fender. I would never haul a bike without them. And honstly you dont need straps in the back when you get them you wont be able to move the bike at all, although I somtimes do tie to the rear pegs, I think doing so is more security to yourself.
Good luck

·
Registered
541 Posts
I wouldn't put my bike in my truck like pictured above. I always point the bike forward into a wheel chalk. I use regular tiedowns with a setup kindof like the canyon dancers to pull the bike down/into the chalk as well as the rear pegs to also pull the bike down/into the chalk. It'd scare me to think the bike could somehow roll out the back if just one tie came loose.

Again I could be doign this wrong but I also stop every once in a while to let the pressure off the suspension for a bit n' re-tiedown. I'm almost positive I don't have to but I do it anyway just cuz I love to sit on the bike n' know it's still 100% in the back. hehehe.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
the canyon dancers are AWESOME and well worth the $25!!!! HIGHLY reccomend them!!!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Liquid said:
I wouldn't put my bike in my truck like pictured above. I always point the bike forward into a wheel chalk. I use regular tiedowns with a setup kindof like the canyon dancers to pull the bike down/into the chalk as well as the rear pegs to also pull the bike down/into the chalk. It'd scare me to think the bike could somehow roll out the back if just one tie came loose.
Yeah, I definitely don't normally load my bike like that. I had gotten a nail in the tire that day and had my youngest brother come get me in his POS truck. It just ended up working easier to pick the bike up into the the truck that way. It was less than a mile driving the thing to my house.

·
Registered
258 Posts
One thing I wondered about the Canyon Dancers is that I can never seem to be in a position to make the "triangle" with the straps. I transported mine in the back of my p/u truck for the first time the other day. I was constantly worried about tourquing down on the clip ons going forward. Any advice? The instructions for the Canyon Dancers say the strength comes from "triangulating" the pressure. :?:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts