Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where should I tie down a 07 600rr to transport it? How many straps? Pictures would be AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
canyon dance, make the investment.
http://www.canyondancer.com/

havent looked at the new ones (looks like they have some kind of cups on the end of the bars now) but mine works great used many times.
that will allow you to use two straps and from there you should only need one or two more max.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Load the bike in the truck front tire first, centered in the box. One ratchet strap on each fork up near the bars. One for the rear tire, (across the bed, looped around the tire) Easy as pie. No need for any silly canyon dancer thingy..............

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I made these to replace the passenger rear sets for tie down points.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Load the bike in the truck front tire first, centered in the box. One ratchet strap on each fork up near the bars. One for the rear tire, (across the bed, looped around the tire) Easy as pie. No need for any silly canyon dancer thingy..............
+1

Make sure on the throttle side tie down that you loop it so increased pressure turns the grip to the direction of more throttle, not the other way which would force it against the stop.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
+1

Make sure on the throttle side tie down that you loop it so increased pressure turns the grip to the direction of more throttle, not the other way which would force it against the stop.
I wouldn't wrap the strap around the throttle......... Why risk possible damage to the throttle? ...........

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
How would that damage the throttle? Whenever I tie my bike down I get a small strap with loops on each end then wrap those around the grips so the friction holds it. Then connect it to the ratchets and crank em down. I usually don't even bother tieing the back down. I have however use a metal beam looking thing with two lips on it. Its attached to the bed of the trailer so the wheels sit inside so they have no where to move.

·
Registered
532 Posts
you would not damage the throttle that way ^
I tie down the bike with just ropes. Places to tie are on the handle bars, through the rims (dont touch the forks), over the seat, and through the rear sets. When doing so you should always try to have the rope pulling the bike forward and back to prevent any of that motion. Also through a line over the top of the seat to compress the springs a bit so the bike isnt jumping.make sure all the lines are nice and tight, a bit overly tight to compress it.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Canyon Dancers in the front and ratchet down to leave 30-40% compression on the front suspension so they don't bottom out. In the rear I use cam straps and hook on the inside of the rear sub-frame (when I don't have passenger pegs), if you reach behind where the pegs attach (on a '07 and above) you can hook there without anything extra. Good luck and don't over tighten the straps on the front.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
ryan hoe............My point is that if you can just wrap the ties around the forks ( bout half way up) and secure the bike that way, why bother messing around by wrapping a strap around the throttle...... Im not saying it can't be done, I was just giving my opinion... :bootyshak

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ropes and stuff (especially over the seat) is going to tear your bike up, or rub the paint off at very least.

Buy some canyon dancers and a couple of straps. I make sure the front tire of the bike is against the front of the bed of my truck and the strap on either end of the canyon dancer pulling the bike forward...that does it for me. The bike doesn't go anywhere. But if you want a sense of security you can use a couple more straps and hook them to the passenger footrests (if you have them installed) or somewhere on the frame.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Canyon Dancer is hands down the way to go.I have moved 10+ bikes using it. I have the new version, it has some hard plastic cups that go around the grips. I reccomend the original rather than the newer version. Not a fan of the plastic ends. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I guess I can't diss the canyon dancers since I haven't tried them....

·
Registered
639 Posts
I ratchet straps around the fork tube and triple tree up front and the passenger pegs in the rear, just be sure you are not pinching any cables or lines.

the only problem is that depending on where the tie down points are on the truck it can put pressure on the front plastics, but i have never had it be enough of a problem to do any damage.

that canyon dance seems like a nifty device to have, pretty cheap for the original.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts