Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to bikes and I'm riding for about 1 year on my 07 600RR. Now I been searching the forums and could not find clear answer.

Does 07 600RR have build in tilt control sensor? So when you punch it, it will lift the front wheel but when it reaches unsafe angel it will pull back on engine timming slowing the bike down. I installed full exhaust and I'm new to this so I'm afraid the bike will flip back when I punch it too hard..

Any advice is appreciated. And if our bikes don't have it, is there an after market system that will do that?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
you mean like launch control, so you don't loop it right? if so, then no ur bike does not have that, but unless you're are incredibly light with huge power mods, ur not gonna loop it unless you hold it at redline and pop the clutch.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
i don't know that any bikes have an actual sensor for tilt as far as looping a wheelie. it would render the bike useless for ppl that buy them for stunt purposes. i could be wrong though as i don't really research any bikes but my own. i know the superbikes add launch control for great starts, but other than them, no se.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
from what i found out from my friend google. launch control and wheelie control is something that gets added to race bikes. again, unless you got crazy hp to that rear wheel, ur popping the clutch, and ur light as hell....you shouldn't worry about looping it. im sure if you check the stunt threads there are a lot of ppl that can't power up a wheelie and they are actually trying for it!

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can easily loop it if you crack on it in 1st gear...if you just roll on it you'll be fine...but take the bike up to 9k or so in first and roll off then crack it wide open and you'll probably be kissing pavement...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it. Yes, I was talking about looping the bike backwards. No, I don't have any heavy mods other then headers and exhaust and I'm 175lb. Ok, I feel better now hearing it from you guys. Cool, thanks!

Little of topic but after changing the headers is it good idea to get dynojet controller and re-tune the bike? Or the gains will be minimal?

Thanks again,
Dave

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Got it. Yes, I was talking about looping the bike backwards. No, I don't have any heavy mods other then headers and exhaust and I'm 175lb. Ok, I feel better now hearing it from you guys. Cool, thanks!

Little of topic but after changing the headers is it good idea to get dynojet controller and re-tune the bike? Or the gains will be minimal?

Thanks again,
Dave
w/o some type if FI control ur not going to get the benefits of your full exhaust. go with bazzaz z-fi, and bazzaz z-afm. i don't have to go get a custom map or some cheesy downloaded map, my z-afm reads the exhaust and comes up with the optimal map for me :toothy4:

·
Registered
23 Posts
from what I heard you will also want to do the "flapper mod" to get the most out of your tuning from adding the exhaust and FI module.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've hammered the ever loving shyt outta my throttle in first, and it only comes up a little at really high RPMS, just as I'm shifing to second...

You'd have to be a complete and utter f'ing retard to loop your motorcycle by accelerating in first gear... it won't happen unintentionally if you know how to operate a rear brake or turn off the throttle once you notice your front tire is level with your face.

you don't need a god damned sensor to do that for you.

and yea, I'm bitter.. someone stole my helmet and ran over my bike while it was parked so I figured I'd take it out on all of you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts