Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out today that my 04 Acura TSX has been declared "totalled", so now I need to look into a new car. I was wondering if anybody here has the new GTI or an 05 STI. Those are the only two cars I am really interested in, any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nemesis said:
I heard the Evo's are faster than the Sti
Sti is soooo much nicer IMO, if it's street-driven they're about equal and speed really doesn't matter when they're both making serious power. I've test driven both and i'd much rather get the Sti over the Evo.

my vote is for the Sti as well.

i love the dub, but it's simply not worth the money IMO.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Evo! Sti's are overpriced...and for the difference...your evo could be faster!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yes, I have a GTi. I was trying to buy an Evo. I also like the STi lol. I have wanted an Evo or STi for a long long time. STi is higher, but it has a few more luxury features than the Evo. Of course my GTi is slower, but it KILLS the other two on luxury features and build quality. I have sat in all 3. STi is nicer inside than an Evo.

For all out performance the Evo is probably a notch above the STi, and it responds to mods better. The Evo 9 is doing some amazing things w/ just a few mods. A TBE and reflash and they are putting down 40 more WHP than the Evo 8. THe 9 has been underrated and is probably putting out more like 320 hp from the factory. God, saying all this makes me want one again.

BUT, my little car is pretty quick. Not near as fast as either of them though. It is also underrated. I had it dyno'd and it put down 185 whp/204 wtq stock. That would make it more like 215 hp/235 wtq stock. With a chip guys are putting down 215-230 whp and 250-280 wtq. It makes all of it's torque by like 2500 rpms, it is so great to have all that power down low. There's NO turbo lag. Of course, this means it's a small turbo and it won't ever make 400 whp, but who needs that on the street? It handles awesome. It hugs curves and has almost NO body roll.
I also have:
dual zone climate control
Bi-xenon HID Projectors that are self-leveling(they are awesome Evo doesn't have them unless you get the MR or SSL package which is 3 grand more)
heated leather seats, 6-speed, beautiful interior, CRUISE CONTROL (Evo is lacking there)
6-disc CD changer w/ MP3 and satellite radio built in (it puts the name and artists of mp3's on the screen too)
10 air bags yes 10 and it's a 2 door
tilt and telescopic steering wheel
18" stock wheels (yes they are ugly to me, but 18's big for stock I plan on upgrading to some OZ superleggera in gold)
heated mirrors
moonroof w/ about 25 settings you turn the knob half way, it opens half way, 1/4 it opens 1/4 the way
Beautiful blue/red interior lights
Electronic skid protection (that can be turned off)
air condtioned glove box and center console haha yes I'm serious there is a little vent in there that can be opened and closed.
There is a little display between the speedo and tach that displays mpg average, at the exact moment (constantly changing) and since you've had the car, miles on current trip, time on current trip, average MPH, miles till empty, radio info such as station and track/title of CD
It has steering wheel mounting audio controls I love this feature
fog lights
You can get navi, but I didn't want to wait 4 months, but I really wanted navigation. So, I have it on my phone and it works pretty good.

AND THE BEST THING ABOUT A GTi..............................................................
I can get 35 MPG if I set the cruise at around 60 mph and 32 MPG w/ the cruise set at 70 mph. I can get over 450 miles to a 14 gallon tank full.

bad things about the GTi, it's FWD and the road noise is a bit high, THAT's IT. I love this car and don't regret my purchase for 1 second. It was also $4k cheaper than an Evo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts