Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I'm going to sell the RR! Why? I want something more comfy for the street and those longer rides. I've been thinking about this for the last couple of years but haven't been able to bring myself to do it until now. What's changed? Well my cousin told me last week that he's giving me his '97 GSXR 600! The plan is to either convert the GSXR to track-only or sell it for a dedicated track machine (maybe another RR?).

But the purpose of this thread is to help me decide on a replacement street machine. I'm seriously considering the Yamaha FZ-07 or a Triumph Thruxton. Leaning toward the former. What do you guys think? Anyone have or ridden either of these?

·
Registered
862 Posts
The Thruxton is an absolute blast. Creamy power delivery and as predictable as a toddler's choice of food when picking between an ice cream sandwich or broccoli. That said, I wouldn't pay the raised price for the Thruxton since it's mechanically identical to the Bonneville and that would leave you with some cash to mod the Bonnie as you see fit if you're dead set on the cafe look. If I remember right, Triumph changed the Bonnie and the Thruxton from carbs to FI at some point later in the 2000s.

·
Registered
445 Posts
So I think I'm going to sell the RR! Why? I want something more comfy for the street and those longer rides. I've been thinking about this for the last couple of years but haven't been able to bring myself to do it until now. What's changed? Well my cousin told me last week that he's giving me his '97 GSXR 600! The plan is to either convert the GSXR to track-only or sell it for a dedicated track machine (maybe another RR?).

But the purpose of this thread is to help me decide on a replacement street machine. I'm seriously considering the Yamaha FZ-07 or a Triumph Thruxton. Leaning toward the former. What do you guys think? Anyone have or ridden either of these?

What are your requirements?

If you've enjoyed the 600 consider the fireblade. They make an excellent road bike.

For long distance, the busa is also surprisingly comfortable, if you fit it.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Creamy power delivery and as predictable as a toddler's choice of food when picking between an ice cream sandwich or broccoli. That said, I wouldn't pay the raised price for the Thruxton since it's mechanically identical to the Bonneville and that would leave you with some cash to mod the Bonnie as you see fit if you're dead set on the cafe look. If I remember right, Triumph changed the Bonnie and the Thruxton from carbs to FI at some point later in the 2000s.
LOL that's good to know. I've considered Bonnevilles too. Right now I have my eye on a competitively priced 2009 Thruxton which I believe has EFI. I also saw a 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 for the same price but at a dealer. Tempting...

What are your requirements?

If you've enjoyed the 600 consider the fireblade. They make an excellent road bike.

For long distance, the busa is also surprisingly comfortable, if you fit it.
I would love a Fireblade. But my intention is to move to a naked bike with better ergos and tourability. Some day I might get one as either a track weapon or second street bike.

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
Do you have an MV dealer nearby? My Rivale sounds like it fits the bill. They do test rides.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have an MV dealer nearby? My Rivale sounds like it fits the bill. They do test rides.
You know what, I hadn't even considered the Rivale but it's definitely a contender if the price is similar. Thanks for the suggestion X. There's at least one MV dealer I can think of that's reasonably close by. I don't see any private sales in the area unfortunately =(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts