Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first motorcycle back in 2019, I have a 2009 CBR600RR. I bought the bike when it had only 7,000 miles. As of today 04-19-21 I have about 30,000 miles. Ever since I bought that bike that day I would always hear a rattling noise around 4,000 RPM from 25-40 MPH. I just learned that it is most likely timing chain tensioner that is faulty. For 23,000 miles I have been riding around with a faulty timing chain tensioner. Question is, how soon should I get that fixed. I don't know much about bikes, maintenance and technicalities. I also have taken it to 4 track days with it too. I am pretty far behind on maintenance too (valve adjustment, spark plugs, and engine air filter). Any suggestions, stories, help, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Replace it now. Check the valve clearances, you will be having a look at the spark plugs and air filter during that process. Service the forks (fluid, seals, and bushings) and flush all the brake fluid. Long overdue care, considering such a fine machine, it's worth it and will benefit greatly.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It’s an easy job to change the CCT yourself but if you’re really not that confident get your local mechanic to do it.

if you’re doing track days you really want to be on top of maintenance for your own safety as well as the bikes. I’d be changing the engine oil, brake fluid, pads etc etc specially if you’re belting round a track

1 - 3 of 3 Posts