Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here. About 10 years ago I bought my first bike and was instantly in love. A few years later we had our first kid and my wife had the “you’re not really responsible enough and your daughter needs you”

i agreed and sold my bike :( a few months ago I came across an 07 cbr on Facebook and after a lot of discussion going back and forth with the owner I picked it up for 3,300. A steal...

the bike is mostly stock with the exception of a two brothers exhaust. I hate the stock turn signals so it was the first thing I replaced. I found this small box with an adjustment dial under the right fairing. I can’t for the live of me figure out what it is. I unplugged it where the fuse was connected and nothing happened. Bike ran just fine still. There isn’t any markings or branding. Anyone have any clue wth it is???

thanks in advance!

2007 Honda CBR

·
Registered
222 Posts
Think thats the flux capacitor. Turn the dial right up and get the bike up to 88mph and see what happens.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Can you tell what it's wired into? It's a rheostat of some sort so controls the amount of current reaching something. Maybe the blink rate of your signals. Could be the brightness of your lights. Could be an old speedo healer if your bike is regeared.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
What is it wired to? Seeing where it gets power from and what the wires hook to may help.

Could it be an LED light controller and the numbers give you different colors? Doesn’t look like any HID ballast or tuning device I’ve ever run across.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can’t actually tell what it’s wired too. It’s got a red, which is connected to a fuse.
A white which looks like it’s runs towards the light and a black and yellow which appears to be plugged into the main wire hardness. I adjust it while the bike was on and didn’t notice and idle or rev difference. I checked the brightness of the headlights and didn’t notice anything there either. I didn’t try the blinkers but they were stock until I replaced them.
I think the gearing is stock. Should I just unplug it and see what happens? Lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
. Should I just unplug it and see what happens? Lol
I doubt anything will happen. Just take the fuse out, that will serve to unplug it and be easy to undo.

What about just msg. the PO and asking him? I for one would like to know.

Had a similar thing on a bike a few years ago. Turned out to be some sort of remote disabling device put on by the finance company.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe this is the tripage headlight module that reduces the brightness of the high beam light to match your low beam so you can have both headlight without blinding oncoming or vehicle in front. You can try switching your high beam on to see if both light have the same brightness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe this is the tripage headlight module that reduces the brightness of the high beam light to match your low beam so you can have both headlight without blinding oncoming or vehicle in front. You can try switching your high beam on to see if both light have the same brightness.
bingo! That’s 100% what it is!!! Super clutch dude. Thank you for coming through in that man.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like it could be a shock sensor ( for an alarm) with a sensitivity dial.

NVM..I’m an idiot who just read the first few posts that were jokes so I thought I had something real to add to he convo. 🙄 Don’t mind me..I’m focused on that bright orange ball in the sky and that black and white two-wheeled thing sitting outside my office. Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts