Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, you've helped me out in the past i am hoping you can come through again. I know i should read somehting already posted about suspension but i always get off on tangents.

I am 6' and some change, like a little less than 6'1". I weight between 165 and 170. When i am stopped, or backing up, lets just say whenever my feet are down. I am on the the tips of my toes. It's really uncomfortable and a lot harder to control my bike without the entire foot on the ground. Does anyone have or have had this problem, If so how did you correct this. Lowering Link 1",3"?

I'll go ahead and answer some possible questions before this gets started.
- I have adjusted the preload settings numerous times and it really didn't do much to my ride height, the only thing i felt was less control in the front end, and a lot more bounce in the rear.
- I wouldlike to lower the bike 3" with a lowering link, but then i am affraid of (1)scraping hen cornering, and (2) busting up my lower fairings on speedbumps.
-Should i drop the bike at the forks about an inch or will the front not make much of a difference.

Any stories, ideas, or suggestions would be helpful, i would feel much better holding my bike up on hills at stoplights with my feet firmly planted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S. i had the same trouble on my 04rr as with this 06rr, i just didn't have the first one long enough to change anything

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
you must have a short inseam. I am 5ft 6 (30" inseam) and I can get at least my tip toes both on the ground, or the left one down good. why do you have to do anything to the bike if the issue is only when you're stopped? I wouldnt bother with it.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I am 6' and I am flat footed both sides when stopped...
But if you are and can't touch the ground with both feet, just lean the bike to the side a little when stopped.. Problem solved..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its more like backing the bike up, i can't tell you how many times one of my feet have slipped trying to back up. and sitting at stop lights when you live in the city is a pretty common thing. Stand flatted footed and see how balance you have and stand on your toes and see. thats why i had questions, i'd just like to be comfortable

·
Registered
469 Posts
yeah, short inseam. I'm 5'7 and I can almost flat foot both feet..

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I guess I just can't picture it.. 6' 30" inseam????
If you need to back up when your on the bike, jump off and push it.. I would rather back it up knowing I am not going to drop it then try and push it with my toes...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
6' 32" inseam, maybe i should just weigh more.
I think i may install a lowering link at 1." and draw the forks up an inch two, that way i don't sacrifice much of the ride and i will fell better about it

·
Registered
986 Posts
....You have a freakish body.

5'7" 120lbs and I can pretty much flat foot it no prob. and I have a 29" inseam.
Honeslty I don't understand why people are so obsessed with being flat footed at stop lights. If you're on your toes all you need to do is learn to ballance and you'll never have any issues. And if you can't do that, you're one uncoordinated fool.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Im 6ft and although im not completely flat footed with both feet at a stop im almost. But on the other hand i almost never put both feet down at one time. At a stop i mostly put my left foot down with my right foot on the brake.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm 5'6" and have no trouble with my 2005 RR.
I think you just need some seat time. Your confidence will grow with time.

Yes backing up on sketchy surfaces is a challenge but do able. Just lean over flat foot each side or jump off and push it.

If you really want your feet down get a Harley !

·
Registered
484 Posts
you are tall to lower it. 1" sounds little but actually it is a lot, don't even try 3". Learn to lean to one side specially the left since you have your brake on the right side. If you decide to lower the bike it will not "(1)scraping hen cornering, and (2) busting up my lower fairings on speedbumps" unless you use it for stunts. Changing the front won't make a differece plus you shouldn't drop it more than 5mm in the front by itself.

my .02

·
Registered
606 Posts
I wouldn't lower the bike at all. Your asking for worse problems like handling issues,ground clearance. You'll get used to it.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
lol, dude, hope off and push it. i know chicks with r1s who can barely get a toe down but take um to the track or in the twisties, damn! what chicken strips? anyways, the truth about lowering your bike is that u gonna have to get used to that new set up in your turns and everything.. just suck it up. get off and push her.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
I'm 5'6 120lb and can flat foot it no problem. Wierdddd

·
Registered
166 Posts
MilanoRex said:
yeah, short inseam. I'm 5'7 and I can almost flat foot both feet..
Same here and im bout 145lbs

·
Registered
814 Posts
tnvano01 said:
6' 32" inseam, maybe i should just weigh more.
I think i may install a lowering link at 1." and draw the forks up an inch two, that way i don't sacrifice much of the ride and i will fell better about it

If you lower the bike it's going to have a major negative impact on handling. I have my bike raised up for racing so that I can barely touch the ground. It needs to be raised to improve the geometry of the bike. If the bike was meant to back up it would have a reverse gear.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts