Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get to work this morning and roll into the parking garage. I'm getting ready to back the bike up into the parking space and I lose my footing. The bike tips to the right and hits that point of no return. I was forced to lay the bike on the ground. (lightly as I could) I get off the bike and curled my baby off the ground and parked her. Now I have a scuffed right mirror, a little nic on the brake lever and barend which I have no problems replacing if needed. The part that is F#$%in with me is I scuffed the engine cover. Not sure if I am using the correct terminology, but its the circular part that sticks out a bit on the righthand side. Not on the flat face but just a little around the edges. You can't see it unless you are looking for it... but I KNOW! My question is.....

Can you buff it or lightly sand it and maybe get it touched up? I'm guessing it's some powder coating. Frame sliders would have prevented this!!!! WEAK!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sorry to hear that, bro. Frame sliders really would have been worth it, for such a light drop. You could always buy new engine/clutch covers off of ebay if you wanted. . .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oops I meant 0 mph not 0 mpg. Too be honest it's not that bad....but still sucks since it's the first "real damage" to the bike. I guess she can't stay perfect forever! I need to get some frame sliders! Thanks for the moral support.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Damn, that sucks dude but look at it this way... You dumped it in a way that I am sure caused the least possible amount of damage. :neutral:

Jason

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn.. those covers would have been perfect!! I'm guessing that frame sliders would have prevented the bike from touching the ground in those 2 areas. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm sure I can do the frame sliders myself but I'm a lazy azz SOB, so does anyone have any recomendations of where I can get them done in the Cali/Bay Area? Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts