Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I parked in front of Wal-Mart today, and when I came outside she was laying on her left side. Damage is: Broken rearset, scratched tail, scratched mid, scratched mirror, and upper is cracked at the turnsignal. Now my question is, when I started her up, alot of white smoke came out of the exhaust. It went away on the ride home, but is there anything I should have checked out? Or is this somewhat normal after being laid on her side?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
It's also going to be that time of year where you have to watch out for hot blacktop and your kickstand either slipping or sinking in and your bike falling over.

·
Registered
58 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
It's also going to be that time of year where you have to watch out for hot blacktop and your kickstand either slipping or sinking in and your bike falling over.
ditto.... I always keep a small piece of tin or sheet metal in our so called trunk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nothin to worry about i think thats just because when the bike was tipped over all the oil ran to one side of the motor, so when you started it, it should have smoked.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. It was the blacktop that gave way. I didn't even think about it since it was only in the mid 70's at the time. I need to get a new left rearset, so if anybody has one, let me know.

Thanks
Chadd

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
WOW Man! You see red when you saw that or what!?

I am taking it that someone ran into it on knocked it? :bitchslap:

Jason

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It gets worse...

Today has not been my day!

So I get back from the first "wreck" of the day and continue to work on painting my lowers(which is why I went to Wal-Mart in the first place). I get everything buttoned up in the garage, and decide to take the bike out into the sun to see how the paint looks. As I'm rolling it down the driveway, I dropped it. No excuses, no one else to blame, I dropped my damn bike for the second time in one day. To add insult to injury, I dropped it on the undamaged side. Now both mids and both mirrors have rash, still need a rearset to ride, and something will have to be done about all the scratches.

On the good side, the lowers are painted, and IMO they look awesome. I went with the Krylon Fushion black and put a flat Krylon clear over the color. They have a finish exactly like the plastic between the tank, the tail, and the seat. They match up with the frame pretty well also. When I get over the days stupidity, I'll post up som pics in the mods section.

G

·
0 Posts
Damn, that sucks! Both sides now in the same day. I'm a firm believer that 'bad things come in three's' - if I were you I'd put it away for the night!

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
wuclan99 said:
I am taking it that someone ran into it on knocked it?
I wish. It fell over because the kickstand sank into the asphalt.
On hot days, I ALWAYS carry a kickstand puck in my jacket pocket. Just slip it under the kickstand and you'll never have to worry about heated asphalt again.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On hot days, I ALWAYS carry a kickstand puck in my jacket pocket. Just slip it under the kickstand and you'll never have to worry about heated asphalt again.
Yeah, I'm headed to the store today to pick up some relacements for the turn signal. I'll definitely pick something up to keep in the trunk. I really didn't even think it was hot enough for it to happen. Oh well, lesson learned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry about your luck. It sucks looking down at your pride and joy laying there. If you still need a left rear set, I have an extra one in my garage. I was hit from behind by a buddy last summer and tore up the right side. I ended up buying a pair of rearsets for $50 and only needed the right side. You can have the left for $25. It didn't come with the shift rod but it is mint. Let me know. I live in the Toronto area and can send them to you.

Dave

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
wuclan99 my friend just bought a new R1 and he parked it outside the shopping centre and when he came out his bike was laying on its side also. My friend worked so hard to save up for his bike and someone goes and does this to him.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the offer Dave, but I already have one on the way. All the damage is going to add up to about a $110.00. She'll be as good as new(almost) as soon as I do some touch up on the paint, and I'll probably get on that soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts