Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a steel ramp its 12" wide, loading the bike is no problem for me, but unloading is a struggle for dear life, dropped teh bike once when it slid down even after i was holding the brake.. any tips or tricks? the truck is a 98 for ranger, not lifted or anything. All stock. Thanks In advance.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
for me, i just gotta commit.

C

·
0 Posts
Use a cooler or something to walk down. Keep the brake on and do baby steps.. adjust yourself, more baby steps.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
goin backward i aint sittin on it. my truck is lowered some so it prolly makes it easier...but i just roll it back and keep it moving. i dont go fast in case it tries to get off the track, but if you keep it moving it helps.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
stand to the side, ride the brake down really slowly-too fast and your tire might slip on the ramp. Use a cooler or milk crate to step down on from the bed. Go very slow.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I put the bike in gear, and use the clutch to roll it down. much better traction on the rear wheel.

+1 on the cooler
i also do that. braking with the clutch does wonders.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahhh I see, I was guessing that people must use something to step on, thats what made it easy for me to load it.. guess I'll just bring a milk crate with me whenver I need to unload the bike..lol

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
my fiddy i just lift in and out by myself :p

C

·
0 Posts
Yeah, stand to the side and clutch does work good for braking... I personally like the feel of the brake and end up coasting it down (in neutral) once I can walk it away.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
before I got a trailer( i used for the dirt bikes)
we have a hill in our front yard that if you backup to with the tailgate down then its perfectly level, try finding a hill close by and just rolling it up in there if not then just keep doing what your doing I am 5 11 and I walked my dirt bikes down and just ease on the brake when it starts rolling back under its own just give it a little more brake and if your a little shorter then maybe get some time of stand but I just jump off the bed and onto the ground but try whatever method works for you or just go buy a trailer :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm going to be buying a pick up truck soon and I'm kind of wondering why you wouldn't just use two ramps (one for you and one for the bike).

C

·
0 Posts
Because two ramps is twice as expensive, but yes it is a good idea. Just make sure the ramps don't slip. It's a good way to brake a leg.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts