Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you could give me some tips on selling a bike?

I'm selling my CBR600 but I still owe money. Is the bill of sale enough to prove that the buyer is the new owner?

Thanks!

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you could give me some tips on selling a bike?

I'm selling my CBR600 but I still owe money. Is the bill of sale enough to prove that the buyer is the new owner?

Thanks!
That should be enough...make sure that the bike, well if you bought it from a dealer, shows that you bought it with no miles. Showing them the title, which will show how much you bought it for, the owner before you, and how many miles you bought it with are a HUGE plus.

when i bought my bike, the guy said he was the 1 owner,but the title said different. The bill of sale, purchase papers, anything you got, the more the better

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great thanks, I was thinking about attaching an agreement stating that I will hand over the title once I pay off my loan.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bill of sale should work. Make sure he switches the registration into his name quickly though cuz if he decides to plow into someone while hammered and leave the bike at the scene and run, guess whose door the cops come knocking on?

Which is why I always go to the DMV with the buyer of my bikes to watch him transfer the registration. Just a tip. :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
If you are selling it for more than the payoff you can always just do the deal at the bank. He shows up with the $ and you payoff the note and get a lien release right there so he can get the title clear. Of course that probably doesn't work if the note holder isn't local.

I haven't done it but went with a buddy who was buying a car like that. He just showed up with a pile of money (was buying a Porche) and let the bank sort it all out. Walked out with a clear title and a set of keys 30 minutes later. The funny part was that he was without a license at the time so I 'had' to drive it home for him. I mean really, what are friends for... :banger:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Which is why I always go to the DMV with the buyer of my bikes to watch him transfer the registration. Just a tip. :)
Don't know how it works in Kentucky (apparently quite un-effeciently), but in California we can file our own "release of liability" irregardless of when the buyer actually transfers the title. We can even do it over the interwebs so it's immediate.

Back to the thread starter, what kind of tips are you looking for? I can tell you a few of the things that kept me from buying the bikes that I chose not to:

-CLEAN YOUR BIKE. No brainer, but I saw some pretty dirty bikes while I was looking.
-CLEAN AND LUBE your chain. I've seen bone dry and/or grime encrusted chains.
-Consider flushing your brake fluid if it's starting to get dark. A little bit of discoloration is understandable, but if it looks like dark honey that will raise some flags.

·
Registered
991 Posts
If there is any way you can take the guy to the bank and get him a title that is a big plus. I wont touch a bike unless I have a title in my hands. I know most people are honest and a bill of sale will work but I'll bet you can get someone to pay a few more $$ if you have the title in hand.

·
Registered
857 Posts
search your local dmv on line. there are forms you need and can print out. there is also a form you can send in yourself saying you sold your bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts