Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my situation. I live in the Phoenix, AZ area where the roads are mostly north, south, east, west and dead straight. My bike is being shipped out here as of tomorrow and I will mostly use it to go on the highway to work and surface roads back and forth ~5 miles to campus. I will make a few ocassional trips out to the mountains to get some twisties in but not a whole lot.

With that being said I have done research on hear and if I still lived in virigina (where they actually have terrain) I would of gone with the Pilot Powers or Metzler M3 from things I have read on this board. But I am wondering if those are good choices for the style of riding I will mostly be doing out here? I am looking for longevitiy (as much as possible) as well. Should I stick with Metzler M3 or Pilot Powers or is there another tire that would suit my Arizona riding?

Thanks for the input.

-d

Cliffs:
-Riding in AZ roats are flat and stragiht
-Are Pilot Powers/Metzler M3 the best choice?, if not which
-Mostly straight up riding with an ocassional trip to the mountains for twisties.

· Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,929 Posts
ok here's goes mine, for mostly straight roads no sense in getting a more track oriented tire, try the Pirelli Diablo it's rated 70% street/30% track tire it's got enough grip for the occasional trek to the twisties.

you can also try the Michelin Pilot Road it's a good all around tire wet or dry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.