Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a novice trackday rider. i got info back from Perelli that says my tire presure should be around 34 hot.
i set the presures at 28f/ 30r cold and then remeasured after each session(15min ea.) my front tire is not going up but my back went up 3psi.
my pals presures went up 4 psi f and rear, . he rides faster than i do.
why isnt my front going up? am i just tooo slow?
should i just start at 34 cold or take more air out to get more friction heat ?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
because your friend is faster, he is breaking harder. aggressive breaking warms up the front. IMO, but a set of used tire warmers, and then you never have to screw around. they will also increase the life of your tire.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
because your friend is faster, he is breaking harder. aggressive breaking warms up the front. IMO, but a set of used tire warmers, and then you never have to screw around. they will also increase the life of your tire.
Agreed, except if you have normal road going tyres on there. If you do, putting warmers on them can damage the tyre as they are not designed to run at those temps.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Agreed, except if you have normal road going tyres on there. If you do, putting warmers on them can damage the tyre as they are not designed to run at those temps.
So street tires are "damaged" by hard riding? I ask because I'm under the impression that warmers are exactly that while the track/ hard street riding could be considered the "heater." I interpret your post as warmers bring tires to higher temps than riding.

OP,

What tires are you running?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
So putting warmers on Q2s is bad?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
So street tires are "damaged" by hard riding? I ask because I'm under the impression that warmers are exactly that while the track/ hard street riding could be considered the "heater." I interpret your post as warmers bring tires to higher temps than riding.

OP,

What tires are you running?
Yep... track orientated tyres are designed to run at higher temps.

Riding extremely hard on the road will have the same affect in the end, overheating the tyre is the reason you can feel them start to 'go off'

If you have them in the warmers, when you take them off you may see shiny spots on the tyres, which is a bad thing - if you have variable temp warmers then you can set them low and not have to worry about it.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts

he said pirelli.... LoL i should have asked what ones.:nana2: :cruising:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have corsa111's
i dont see warmers in my budget any time soon. should i set my cold psi higher, or lower to achieve 34 hot?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
put 32 in the front and see if after 15 its up to 34.

im surprised at how different the tire pressure is depending on where you are. we run 31/26 on warmers.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
once you start to go faster, you will put more heat to the tire, so will will have to keep a constant check on your pressures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts