Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to wot from about 20 mph to about 12-13k rpms in second gear because i was on a circle on ramp to a 3 lane highway and had a car in front of me entering highway speed at only 30mph. saw 2 cars coming in the two right lanes at 70 or 80 and didnt even want to risk gettin sandwiched so gunned it the outside lane.

No close calls just putting myself in a better position, but at wot around 12k rpms either the tire slipped or the clutch slipped before i even pulled in the clutch to switch to 3rd gear. The road was in good condition but my question is..

Is it common to have a tire slip while at max torque (around 12.3k i believe) going in a straight line? OR do you think it was my clutch slipping at higher rpms? what would be the difference in feeling between the 2? if one could explain it

im leaning more to the clutch slipping...the bike is a 2007 600rr has 21.5k miles, jardine pig nose exhaust, bmc race air filter, pc3 mapped (not professionally) and fresh mobil1 full syn oil, oem filter. if this helps any

·
Registered
673 Posts
depends how the person before you rode it. if they were clutching wheelies all the time, then it's possible. tire slip on a nice road isn't really likely unless you have bald tires. even then, tire slip is unlikely.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Its your oem oil filter that causing it to slip.

Try using a k&n, the best part of k&n is that when it gets too restricted with oil you can wash it and reoil it :p

If any of this makes sense, you are welcome!!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks boots and toro.. makes sense
yea i know alot of people clutch less shift... i never actually tried it.. but thats not really the point here. hehe... and no monkay! i like to use oem filter! haha kinda ocd about how decide on things... i usually research the sh!t outta it.. let my mind do all the math.. and i decide what is best for me. if that makes any sense lol..so you guys def wont be seeing any posts like.. "omg like help me pick out between these 7 fairings.." but you guys definitely chose the right by gettin a honda haha

yea possibility previous owner was doing wheelies as, left fork is leaking a little bit (yea i need to fix that) and had a pea size hole on the top left rad that i jb welded 4 months ago lol surprised its still holding up.. but it might of all came because he low sided on the left side.. but he could off easily lied lol

·
Registered
621 Posts
yea i know alot of people clutch less shift... i never actually tried it.. but thats not really the point here. hehe... and no monkay! i like to use oem filter! haha kinda ocd about how decide on things... i usually research the sh!t outta it.. let my mind do all the math.. and i decide what is best for me. if that makes any sense lol..so you guys def wont be seeing any posts like.. "omg like help me pick out between these 7 fairings.." but you guys definitely chose the right by gettin a honda haha
rightttttttt, so anyway K&N oil filter is better than OEM - FACT. Clutch less shifting is ez and ok to do - FACT. If you tire is flat in the middle or you know if something is wrong with it, get a new one - FACT.

.... I have done the research for yea.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Fact, bears like beets!!!!!

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
I hate k&n air filters, I run a bmc!

For oil, I run oem! Yea yea!!!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol monkay is that a FACT.. lol the factor clown has attacked me with his awesome facts with no references. i guess he missed the part where i said "whats best for me"

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but i doubt clutchless shifting is harmful.. i just like to use the lever for what its intended.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
I found it best to not use any oil at all. Allows the gears to flow better.
I heard olive oil works better, I actually heard it from nobody. I just made it up. I'm gonna try it on my next oil change!!

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
I learned that bears like beets from the office!!! Its a fact, its a fact!!!

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Where did toropop go?? He never brought me my hotpocket :(

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Sexual what???

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had to wot from about 20 mph to about 12-13k rpms in second gear because i was on a circle on ramp to a 3 lane highway and had a car in front of me entering highway speed at only 30mph. saw 2 cars coming in the two right lanes at 70 or 80 and didnt even want to risk gettin sandwiched so gunned it the outside lane.

No close calls just putting myself in a better position, but at wot around 12k rpms either the tire slipped or the clutch slipped before i even pulled in the clutch to switch to 3rd gear. The road was in good condition but my question is..

Is it common to have a tire slip while at max torque (around 12.3k i believe) going in a straight line? OR do you think it was my clutch slipping at higher rpms? what would be the difference in feeling between the 2? if one could explain it

im leaning more to the clutch slipping...the bike is a 2007 600rr has 21.5k miles, jardine pig nose exhaust, bmc race air filter, pc3 mapped (not professionally) and fresh mobil1 full syn oil, oem filter. if this helps any
Did you possibly go over a strip of paint? I did the other day when switching lanes at nearly WOT on the highway and the tire slipped. This was on Q2's with like 800 miles on them. Could have been the tire if this was the case. Pavement was dry too btw.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice didnt even think of that one... i was in the middle of crossing lanes... but it has happened on a diff occasion while in the middle of a lane.. sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt. i dont usually do that frequently just to get up to speed while gettin on the highway.

im more interested in your words what you guys feel when the tires are slipping.. and or the feeling when the clutch is slipping. in my situation it felt like power was still being put down to the wheels, but it could easily be felt like a clutch slipping.

one said its unlikley which its still possible.. the other said its a possibility at the rpms// and the rest of the BS in this thread was from the midnight troll crew.. lol its that time again they should be around....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts