Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, my rear tire have a slow leake cause by a little metal object. With the correct tire pressure it loose 15psi in two weeks, don't seem that bad but would like to get it fix cause it still pretty new. I call the dealer and they charge $50 to heat patch it. How much you guys that patch before pay to get it don.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Buy a new tire, unless you value money more then your life.

+1 to what demented said

you can get your own repair kit from an auto parts store , usually it is a spray can that you spray in through the valve stem and it will seal any holes.

with that being said, if you ever exceed 60 mph on your motorcycle I would highly suggest replacing your tire,, you will be much better of riding on a 100% safe tire

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Cyclesector.com get yourself some tires 002RS set for $239. This is the way to go. Don't let the tire get yourself in a bad situation.

G

·
Is a patch that unrelyable?. I figure we might get a nail in our tire twice per season and if so that can be expensive to replace each time. Do anyone have a link ,would like to know why patchiing is bad for motorcycles. Thanks for the replyes.
Tire patches can fail. On a motorcycle, you only have 2 tires. If one fails while riding, you're fucked. It's not like a car where you have 3 left and can remain in full control of the vehicle.

I'd be willing to bet you don't even know how to stop if you get a flat tire a bike, especially the front.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Save the patched tire for a track day!

NOT

If you patch it then the tire speed rating drops from Z or W (which ever your tire is rated at) to the lowest rating. There are no Z rated patches. I guess as long as you don't stress the tire and don't run at sustained speeds above 60mph you are o.k. Might get 3-4k miles out of it with no ill affects.

I don't bet my life on this stuff unless I am far from home or a place with the proper tires at a reasonable price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.