Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Round 2. Unannounced - the grandstands will be open to the public and I'm trying to work my crew into the pits. Ducati rolled in about an hour ago. Hopefully I'll get some cool shots.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spent a great day at Daytona in the pits and around the track with full access. Almost nobody there but the Teams testing tires. Met Eric Bostrom briefly - very nice and pleasant guy. Spent about a half hour talking with Roger Lee Hayden - what a great person. The Hayden parents definitely raised their kids right. We talked about the bikes, the circuit, other riders and of course his big brother Nicky. It was a awesome day and if I didn't have to work Monday you know I'd be back.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some other thoughts - Miguel was the fastest rider out there today on the 1000RR. The 1000RR sounds different from the other 1K bikes there. It sounds awesome, most of the bikes were on the track one at a time or with large gaps between them so you could really hear the engines wind and scream on the downshifts. The 1000RR sounds like a tommygun when you hit the rev-limiter. Very "crack-crack-crack" sound. Most bikes do this but the 1000RR is noticeably different and emphasized.

Honda kicks butt!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
that's awesome man.....I need to be on the ball and know when things like this might be going on at VIR and get up and check em out

eazy

·
Monkey works will work for you :)
1,679 Posts
Great pics Jetblast, I wish I had seen this earlier, I would have gone over there myself. I only live a few minutes away. I think I will try to make it over there tomorrow after class. BTW that Jardine exhaust looks alot like the Yoshi for the 600's, in the pic anyway, me likey. :bounce: Cant wait to see this bike in action.

Rowski

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They were using multiple sets of forged magnesium Marchesini wheels. You can have a set also, just sign over your soul. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts