Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long do most of your rear tiers last? i have 3000 some miles on the rear w some burn outs not alot and the tred marks are about even how long do the rest of yours last?

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
My rear stocker lasted me 6300 miles and my front stocker lasted right at 11,000 miles.

·
Registered
980 Posts
my stock rear lasted me 1500 miles noooooooooooooo burn outs

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
my tires would last about 2500 miles (first set) with just street miles, no burnouts. in fact, the edges wore out before the center.

with trackdays I'm lucky to get 1000 miles out of a set before one or the other edge gets a bald strip...

·
Registered
813 Posts
you're crazy pablo. I have about 4k miles on my pilot powers with all canyons and 4 trackdays. Granted i'm probably not as fast as you, the edges are almost down to the wear bars but the center is almost brand new with no sign of a flat spot too =) They'll probably take a beating from the crest for another 1-2k miles before the rr becomes track only. =P

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got 2181 out of my stock Dunlop. I could have gotten several hundred more miles from the tire with careful riding but I was far from home (riding in northern Arkansas), with plenty of riding left to do and only two open sportbike shops in the area. So, I went ahead and changed it. Some of the roads in northern Arkansas are notorious for eating tires and the rapid rate of tire decline made me nervous.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
like i first posted, i have about 3000 or so and the middles are wearing thin and the edges have plenty of life left in them , not to many curves in centeral illinois so ihave some nice chicken strips, there the stock honda tires
so since im going to need some eventualy any recomendations on what brand i should get for the furture, and i would be 98% st. riding

1 - 11 of 11 Posts