Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just purchased a used set of chicken hawk standard warmers and was wondering what the care instructions are? Is there anything specific I should know about when taking on/off the tire warmers (like not rolling them back up when they are still hot or anything)? Thanks for your time and help!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
1 not rolling them up hot is best let them . I just wanted to tell you not to do what a friend of mine did.
He was at the track and pulled the warmers off and left them in a bit of a pile and took off for his session. He forgot to unplug them. He came back to find a set of warmers that were now a hot pile of melted fabric and wire.

Keep them clean , keep em dry and my self since it is an electronic device.. I would not store them in a moist sub freezing garage over the winter.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what do you do with them right when you take them off for a session? roll them back up?

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
what do you do with them right when you take them off for a session? roll them back up?
Yup, roll 'em up (but unplugged!!!). Why let all that heat you just spent the last 45min building up escape? Keep them warm by rolling them up and when you get back from your track session, throw the warmers back on (assuming you have an adjustable set, you can set the temps down about 30-40F from their active temps until approx 30-45min before your next session, then set the temps back up to where they should be).

My philosophy is to try and avoid heat cycles as much as I can during the day.

Word...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hang them from the tent. T
same here. Keeps them from getting dirty or from peoples dogs trying to pee on them or a bucket of water getting knocked over.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
unplug then hang from your tent. let the cool before you roll em up.
dont roll em super tight.

this is what ive been told.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
^^ never heard that one before.
sounds like a problem for the cheaper ones, ive seen guys run the top end ones all night.

·
Registered
207 Posts
yeah I've run my Chicken Hawks for several hours before morning practice and have no problems with mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts