Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my first track day coming soon and I wanted to know about tire warmers . I am starting in group C, I am not even looking to drag knee just wanna get around to learn first, but are warmers necessary? I will be at SOW so the tires should come up to temp pretty fast right?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Nope, just make sure you take it easy on the first two laps, and remember, you might think your going fast, but there are people that can easily drag elbow around the same turn you are having trouble touching your knee to :toothy4:

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
You don't need warmers. You do want to have good, fresh tires on the bike though. Don't sweat the cost. This sport devours you $300 at a time. There's nothing you can do about it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
You don't need warmers. You do want to have good, fresh tires on the bike though. Don't sweat the cost. This sport devours you $300 at a time. There's nothing you can do about it.

Amen! just dropped 370 bucks, after dropping 230 (on a smoking deal), will probably need 3-4 more sets this season.

You will not need tire warmers, even if you get to be fast, I run a couple of sessions without them through out the morning because I am too freaking lazy to put them on, and I am one of those who can drag elbows :bootyshak

edit: but when you do get going fast they are nice, because the prolong your tire life a little, and let you go go out at speed on the first or second lap. If you do get them, go woodcraft dual temp, spend the money now and save you the headache, like I am about to go through going from chicken hawks to wood craft!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. Like I said I have my first track day soon and I feel like everything I learned about riding is out the window so I am reverting to being a sponge.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks for the help. Like I said I have my first track day soon and I feel like everything I learned about riding is out the window so I am reverting to being a sponge.

Best attitude and outlook you can ever have, here is another hint, find a control rider/instructor and ask him/her to help you out; ask as many questions as you can possible think of, there are no dumb questions, period!

oh and have fun, and be prepared to be addicted, and broke!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I know this out of context & you haven't asked for it but I am going to say it anyway.

Drink plenty of water!!! Stay hydrated & relax. Try to drink one bottle of water after every session. It will make your first time a lot more productive. Unless you are naturally super gifted by GOD, your first time will not be a record breaker. Focus on the fundamentals & work on improving them.

I guess I went off on a tangent there :all_cohol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts