Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....i got a comment about my tires looking flat in some of the pics from this weekend's trackday. So I figured Id throw some pics up of the wear and see if anyone notices any odd wear....cuz I think it looks fine? I was running 30psi cold, front and rear on Q2s.

This is the left side of the rear. It looks somewhat odd with the ripple looking texture. But to the touch, it's prety smooth.

This is the right side of the rear. I know I wasn't hitting any right handers as hard as the left handers....so this one looks smoother.

This is the front, but the whole thing looks like this, so I wont put two pics down of it.

Any comments? :p

Here are a couple of pics from the day. :p Both left handers.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
A Dunlop rep told me to run the tires at 30/30 cold for the track

Reactions: Gashuffer

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet sounds good. Only my second td so I'm still trying to see whats up with pressures and other settings on the bike.

·
Registered
158 Posts
dont take this the wrong way but, you have to ride the bike harder for us to tell.. as of right now with your pace the tires look great. keep going to the track and once you get faster we can give you better feedback

also im sure you know but keep working on your body position.. get that head down more..

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No offense taken mang. I'll keep pushing it. But just figured Id throw it out there anyway.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Thats what Dunlop suggests for track, give or take 1psi or so, I wouldn't worry about your pressure.

Tires look fine as well.
Ditto, tires look fine.

dont take this the wrong way but, you have to ride the bike harder for us to tell.. as of right now with your pace the tires look great. keep going to the track and once you get faster we can give you better feedback

also im sure you know but keep working on your body position.. get that head down more..
What he said. As your pace gets quicker you'll stress the tires more, heat them up more and the wear will be more pronounced. Those Q2's can take a lot of pace before they get overtaxed though. Keep those pressures where they belong and they will do ya good.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks all....looks like the consensus is quit worrying and get faster and smoother. Who am I to complain about that? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts