Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at tennis court and notice my tires , middle only showing wear and I had them for like 4 Years ! So I ordered Pirellis
Also I need to have better bike maintenance because today I noticed chain was loose so I took to shop and a guy tighten chain and cleaned it. He said it was filthy !!
16A66924-B38C-4C0D-9402-9B4C925B0C58.png
I have been forgetting but I won’t anymore. My chain looks gold again !! After he cleaned it chain looks great.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Please tell me you didn't put tire dressing on your motorcycle tires................

Reactions: 498cm3

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
No wait I do remember just hitting the side wall with some tire shine. But I drove since then
DO NOT USE TIRE DRESSING ON MOTORCYCLE TIRES!!!!! It will eventually get on the tread and cause a crash. Don't even put it on the sidewall. There are tire cleaners that will take the brown off and just leave bare rubber if you want that new tire look.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CBR 600rr
10 Posts
Never put tire dressing on sportbike tires. You are asking for trouble even if you don’t lean. It’s better to have 4” of unused tire than being seen with tire shine on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got my new Pirellis on bike and driving home I almost wrecked ! Darn new tires are slick ! Thought I was going down. Added stripe on gas tank today trying decide if I like it
D62E7778-EB3C-4EAB-8CDE-871D40A4CBE1.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts