Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had no idea cost of tires on sport bike install was so pricy. I bought two new tires and most want $200 to put them on. That’s crazy

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Take the wheels off yourself and just take them in that way. Should cost about $25 each. All the $$$ is the labor involved to take your wheels off.

Reactions: Kbarbee

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
As Saiyan 66 posts above. about $30 bucks for a tire change around here.
It's not difficult to remove/reinstall wheels, but it must be done correctly for peace of mind and safety.
You need a shop manual, bike stands front and rear, a torque wrench good to 100 ft-lbs, a 32mm socket for tq wrench and various smaller sockets for front end work.

Search OTF, IIRC there's a thread about really necessary to replace brake caliper bolts every time front calipers come off per manual, but I replace mine about 2 or 3 tire changes (12k miles?)

At this time it's a good idea to attend to drivetrain cleaning and maintenance, particularly at drive sprocket area...

First time can be a couple of hours, plus cleaning.

After doing it a couple of times it takes about 30 minutes per wheel to remove/reinstall.

·
Registered
433 Posts
No moto shops within an hour of here, I always just put them on myself. For less than the price of mounting one tire I own tire irons and a bead breaker. Put on some jams in the shop and get to it.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
# 1 on the change it yourself, it's a simple operation. (requires some additional tools, skills and knowledge)

When I get the tires changed at the shop, the $30 includes balancing, which I want.

And it supports the local moto economy...which seems to be getting smaller...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts