Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always see all these new to Florida threads....

How come I don't see ANY of you signed up for the .net Jennings trackday????

C'mon, WTF??!?!?!?!

Maybe you say, hey I don't know you guys... Well what's a better way to get to know anyone then riding and BS'ing with us?

Maybe you say, he I've never done a trackday... I can understand that... Considering doing your first TD is a nerve racking decision... It was something I always wanted to do but never had the balls to do it... Once I did I couldn't believe I was such a bitch and waited so long! Jennings is by far (IMO) the best track to attend for your first TD! Plenty of runoff, NO walls! Not an overwhelming fast track (like Homestead or Daytona). No real strict tech inspection (at least compared to others...) and an AWESOME Jennings Staff that make you feel like you are part of their family!

Maybe a little shy, thinking that many of us have been where you haven't? Well would you rather do your first one where you KNOW you are welcome and are among fellow RRians? Compared to maybe another time when god knows who will be there...

Don't have gear? You can rent ANYTHING you need from Jennings if you want to.

Do know how to set up your bike? It requires VERY little! And would cost you almost NOTHING to prep your bike! Let us know and we will help you!

Unsure about the cost? This Jennings trackday will be the cheapest TD you can EVER do!!! $115 for a single day or $200 for both is something you won't find ANYWHERE!

So... What do you guys think? C'MON! Click the link in my sig and get in here! It's going to be AWESOME!

·
all good, all the time
323 Posts
certainly not being picked up by the Florida guys like the 1000rr.net?SBS/WSB day is it, Nick.....

I am just glad I saw it in your sig at 1000rr.net, otherwise I would have missed it.......I never come over here.......need to more often

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eh... Considering it really wasn't going much until recently I would say it's going about the same as the 1kRR TD was...

Remember, it was only half full right up to a few weeks before the TD...

·
all good, all the time
323 Posts
I just meant from the Florida residents.....course I am probably talking out of turn......

pretty impressive though that this many have committed this quickly.....I have a buddy that wants to go too, but he likes to wait until the last minute to make sure the weather will be nice (no rain)

also, if there is anything I can do to help organize, plan, etc.....let me know

G

·
See, we need a forum announcement...
Maybe the general section? I call for some good, moderator/admin allowed spammage.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And to anyone that is thinking, well I don't want to be on the only newbie... You won't there are about 7 first timers already going!!!

·
all good, all the time
323 Posts
7 noob's....that is awesome.......I remember my first time......I kept making excuses as to why not to go, but when I did finally get to the track, oh man......I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear......

I was a little uneasy at first, but as the day went on, I felt more comfortable and eventually realized that I felt safer at the track than I do on the streets.....best parts: no police, no cages, no dirt in the corners

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
7 noob's....that is awesome.......I remember my first time......I kept making excuses as to why not to go, but when I did finally get to the track, oh man......I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear......

I was a little uneasy at first, but as the day went on, I felt more comfortable and eventually realized that I felt safer at the track than I do on the streets.....best parts: no police, no cages, no dirt in the corners
hell yea! Same here! I remember my first RD. Actually I kind of miss it..

That not being able to sleep the night before, the nervous feeling of what to do, where to go... I so miss that! lol

·
all good, all the time
323 Posts
That not being able to sleep the night before

you too, huh....I woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep until I went for a quick jog and shower and a quick nap.......best feeling in the world.......reminds me of my hockey days.....I would be so keyed up before a game, go out for warm ups, go back in the locker room and take a twenty minute nap......

·
Monkey works will work for you :)
1,679 Posts
And to anyone that is thinking, well I don't want to be on the only newbie... You won't there are about 7 first timers already going!!!
I have a few local newbs going as well ;-)

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hell yea dude! The nervous to the point of being sick feeling it was awesome!

You guys are missing out, get in here ask some questions and SIGN UP!!!

·
all good, all the time
323 Posts
This trackday has a serious advantage for the newbies......you have TWO days to learn the track and practice.....

my first TD was in April 2007 (one day only) and I didn't get back until October 2007 (one day again) and then I didn't get back until September 2008, for two days.....so for me, everything I learned on my first day I had to relearn on the second trip.....

this weekend event will help a TD virgin immensely through practice and confidence.....

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WTF, NO ONE??????????? All you Florida people and not of you are man enough!?!?!? ;)

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some people have asked about Jennings and renting gear. This is their prices.

$50 for leathers
$30 for boots
$10 for gloves

Per day.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts