Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and had my oil changed on the CBR today while I was at work (Before you flame me for not doing it myself, I work at the local Honda dealership and get oil changes done for next to nothing). The bike tech comes back and asks what kind of exhaust I had on. I told him just the Yoshi RS-5 slip-on. He goes on to saying that he thinks that I have the full exhaust because usually the oil filter drops straight between the runners on the header, but he had to pull it out differently because the runners were in the way.

The previous owner bought it in 2007 and only put about 150 miles on it from then to when I bought it (2010). He said it was only the slip-on, so the owner BEFORE HIM must have bought the full race exhaust. Good for me, but from the day I bought it I've noticed that it's been running REALLY lean. Well, now I know why. lol

I'll be picking up a PC III on Friday and hopefully that should bring my AFR's back to normal. It runs great, but cruising at any speed when I'm only using ~3%-5% throttle it sounds pretty choppy. Oh well.

When I order my PC do I have to tell them what modifications I have done? Or will it automatically adjust my AFR's?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
when you order the PCIII, it might come with a couple maps. you can download other maps from their website.

when you get it tuned, it'll be fine. use a reputable tuner.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do. Thanks for the guidance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts