Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

To polish or not?

• NO, just touch up the paint chips and leave it all black.

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • YES, Polish everything! Swing arm, cases and frame

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Yes, Polish the swing arm and cases.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking about polishing my clutch covers and swingarm....

Reasons to POLISH!:
1. Paint chips
2. I need a new project.
3. I've done it before and i think i'm pretty good at polishing
4. Bored of the look
5. I like shinny things
6. Nice contrast
6. Turn heads??? (hopefully in a good way)

Reason not to polish:
1. Will take forever.
2. Might look wack (bad contrast)
3. If i'm not as good as i think or impatient i'll have scratches and imperfections everywhere.
4. It's an old 2006 already.
5. Might cost me $20 in supplies...
6. Gotta remove the swing arm?? just so i can do it in comfort watching TV.

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!

·
Registered
991 Posts
I personally like the flat black look of the CBR, but to each his own. If you are into that kinda thing thing why not?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Don't forget the hassle of keeping it from dulling out on ya.. I have a pretty hard time keeping polished metals shiny.. unless there is some type of clear coat on it to keep the shine there.

I've got the lips of my wheels on my 08 silver RR polished out. They're a hassle to keep clean. Don't get me wrong.. I love the way it looks with the polished lips and if I had it to do over.. I would do it again.. but it is indeed a pain to keep the wheels clean/shiny though.

These pictures are about a 18 months old (date on picture is wrong) by the way. I've since then got a FE and Leo Vince S/O.

·
Registered
466 Posts
the upkeep on polishing is not to bad but sucks if you hit rain or when it heats up it looks kinda dull. might be worth it of you wanna stand out but isnt worth more on trade in.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Maybe powder coat it a different color? It will look out of place since nothing else is chrome or polished on the bike. Plus, it is not a Harley. lol.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think the black looks better but if you're talking about making it look like the older stock ones then I don't think that looks bad as long as it doesn't come out looking like chrome.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands. I don’t have the time to be bored. I have been struggling with adding a polished exhaust to my black 07 for weeks now and just not sure how the polished stainless will look on a black bike with silver parts. As for yours I feel that it is even more questionable as to how it would look. In my opinion it may look out of place to have a polished swing arm and clutch cover but not have anything else on the bike polished or chrome.
On the other hand if it’s what you think you want then go for it! As for me, I still haven’t decided if a polished stainless exhaust maybe too much after removing the fender.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for everyones input. i just feel like i'd love my bike more, knowing that i put so many hours into project like this. and i'm thinking the contrast might be nice. i wouldn't powder coat them or paint them any other color, i think that wouldn't match even more so.

I need a project and idk what to do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts