Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pending deployment to Afghanistan. I am torn now to sell the by bike or store it. The next time I will be able to ride will be summer 2012. And since the end of the world is due December of 2012, I think I will want a new 600rr for that. (lol) I am not sure if it would be smart to let the bike sit for basically 2 years. I can get my uncle to start it every once in awhile but I wont be ridden. I know there are a lot of military on here and I would love to hear from anyone. The bike is paid in full so the only thing that would cost me is insurance. Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
it's not a 69 camaro youre selling, nothing youll never be able to get back. unless youve put in alot of work and custom parts I would probably sell it

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
If it not the same as chrisw' RR i would sell it

·
Registered
991 Posts
Definitely sell it man. Just keep the cash in the bank and add that to your deployment money. When you get back you can get a shiny new '12 (hopefully they have a new design by then lol) and have plenty of cash to mod it. If you let it sit it is just going to go down in value for two years.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
yeah bro id say sell it, nothin you cant buy again later

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Definitely sell it man. Just keep the cash in the bank and add that to your deployment money. When you get back you can get a shiny new '12 (hopefully they have a new design by then lol) and have plenty of cash to mod it. If you let it sit it is just going to go down in value for two years.
:+1: how much time $ has gone into it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
i went to study overseas for a year and sold my bike before i left, i was dieing without a bike there and when i got i wished that hadn't sold it, since my bike was fine and now i had to go through the hassle of getting a new bike.

so i say if your bike is good condition and not with allot of miles and u planned on keeping it, then keep it
but if u think youre gonna sell it after u come back and get something else then sell it now cause in 2 years the value of the will probably decrease

·
Registered
766 Posts
I vote for keep.

Bike is paid off. Cancel the insurance while you are away. At least when you come back, one quick call to re-instate your insurance, and you'll be able to enjoy a deserving ride.

If you do decide to sell it, I say wait until you get back. You'll still be able to sell high since mileage will be low after (2) more years :banger:

·
Registered
689 Posts
i would keep it dude....ya you will lost money but your going to lose money either way when you get back and want another one.

·
Registered
376 Posts
If you are going to get a 2011 when you come then I would keep yours because I asked the dealer and they are not going to be any significant changes. But if you want a 2012 then sell your bike because that will be a significantly newer bike with some major changes.

Good luck to you...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do you plan on going bigger or are you going to stick with the 600? Most people I know ride the 600 for a lil bit and than eventually go bigger. If thats the case sell it, I kept mine and picked up another bike. Being military you might not get as much for it because people constantly PCS and ETS and end up selling their bikes for dirt cheap in the process. At least thats the case for me here at Bragg. If you sell it, you'll have more than enough money to get another one for sure. But someone did make a good point about having a bike already here and paid off.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think selling it would be a wise. Not comes a big question. How much? I looked up on kelly and they said about 5900. I think this is high. The bike has 2650 miles. The only mods I have done are a zero gravity double screen, Akrapovic slip, proton front blinkers and fender eliminator kit. I am going to put a new chain, so it will have a new chain soon. I was thinking $5300. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I suggest you sell me your flushmounts cheap!

·
Registered
109 Posts
$5300 sounds like a good deal to me and than you can always consider offers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts