Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I am having trouble making a decision here. I am generally new to the street riding scene, but have had jetski's and dirt bikes for my whole life.

Anyways, I recently came across an 07 600rr for $2500 and bought it right up. I took the loan out for $3000 becasue it needed new tires and a turn signal. I was all about selling the bike and even found someone to give me $6000 for it. The trouble is, I have taken it out about 5 times now and dont really want to sell it (I'm sure you can understand why!). What would you guys do?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
First off, thats a hell of a deal.. did you get the title with it?

Second, to answer your question, I cant. Its up to you. Is riding something you see yourself continuing? If so, keep it. If not, sell the bike and buy another dirtbike or jetski. If you decide to keep the bike, good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it for $2500 because it was a Repo at the bank I work for. It has a clean title, no catch. The only damage is some scratches on the fairings and the mirror and turn signal were busted off. This bike is awesome. If I sold it, I would probably just blow the profit on stupid little things, which is why I want to keep it. BUT, $3000 in my pocket for doing nothing is great as well. I am having a very tough decision, but so far my best idea is to ride it til the middle of summer and then decide if I want to sell it or not.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I think if you ride it until the middle of summer, you'll end up riding it until the end of the summer :) But if you are wanting to ride a bike, you can't do any better than the deal you currently got. Plus if you want to keep it for a few years, you could still turn around and sell it for a profit.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Keep the Bike!!!! You found an 07 for $2500, even if you ride it only once in a while that is worth it. You'll probably never find a deal like that again.....

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Sick deal, although I don't know if those type of small loans are wise. If you can't afford it already and have to take out a loan for an extra $500 on top for tires and a signal, you are in the wrong sport cuz this shyt can get real expensive!

Keep it if you can afford it. If you can't, I suggest you dump it and get rid of that stupid loan.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
guess you'll have to decide how much you like riding on the street.

that's a hella good profit.

stick half in the bank, blow the rest.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Awesome deal.

Are you a rider or is this just something you came across and decided to purchase?

Anyone here would probably keep it, but most of us are dedicated riders. An '07 for that price isn't going to come around twice.

Riding or making extra cash. Priorities.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i gotta agree
I also agree haha. I was all about selling it when I rode it for the first time becuase I was scared to death. It was freezing cold and rainy when I drove it home, so I kept it under 40. Now, I have taken it out a few times and finally got to open it up and WOWOwowow. As for the loan amount, I got a lower % rate by taking out 3000 vs 2500, which is why I did it. I work at a bank and can afford it, so that is no big deal. BUT, it is a very tough decision to be made. It basically comes down to if I want to have some cash, which will probably get spent on the old lady or soemthing stupid like an engagement ring :all_cohol or do I want to keep it, ride safe, and sell it down the road sometime and still probably make a profit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I WAS a rider. I started on stand up jetski's when I was 10, first motorcycle was a honda Cub 90 1 gear if anyone here has ever heard of them. Then went to a kx 80 big wheel, and my last dirt bike was an RM 125. BUT i sold that when I turned 16 for my camaro, and have been mainly into being a DRIVER more so than a RIDER. But it sure does feel good to be back. I just have to make a decision soon before I fall in love with it too much. But, it might already be too late for that. The only thing I am worried about is seeing dumbass drivers on the road....

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
In this economy, if you can get 6k for it (I'd push for more), then go for it.

I'd say it'd be nice to have the extra cash laying around.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In this economy, if you can get 6k for it (I'd push for more), then go for it.

I'd say it'd be nice to have the extra cash laying around.
I tell you what, I am not going to accept anything under 6k. I have it listed for 7 and if I could get that, I think it would be gone.How much value is lost since it has been laid over and the fairings are scratched up a bit.

·
Registered
291 Posts
What you have to remember is that the bike will always be worth more than what you bought it for as long as you keep it clean and take care of it. You could ride it the whole summer and then make a decision when winter comes, and still make a hella good profit. Enjoy it while it lasts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ride it till the middle of the summer, then once I have saved up 6k (in the middle of the summer), I'll buy it from you. Hows that sound?
Sounds like a plan to me. I have a couple buyers right now trying to jump on it for $6000 but they might not be around in mid summer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually I tell you what, I will let you know mid summer... It is just going to be more tough to get rid of her after every time I ride it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
keep it. I thought I got a deal on my 08 at a repo auction for 5200, but 2500 thats a steal. ride it if money gets tight you could always get your money back out of it, even after a few years. I just sold an 03 for 4500.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts