Votes: 38 65.5%
  • Leave it

Votes: 20 34.5%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I painted my lowers last year a matte black. The colour very closely matches the frame, side inserts and intake snorkles (see pics below). I'm seriously considering going all matte black and putting flat black decals on it to make it a stealthy look. If I could get the swingarm and other bits powdercoated to match the frame perfectly i'd consider it too but the aluminum bits would look good against the black. Thoughts and opinions.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cyclescientific said:
I'm a big fan of stealth black but I think your bike looks pretty dope as it is.

Thanks bro!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I like the stealth look, but I think what you have going is pretty unique and looks real good. I'd probably leave it the way you have it as it seems a lot of people are going the flat black route. If you're a looking for change maybe do some powedercoating with whatcha got??

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing with powdercoating is i'd want it to match the frame and i've not seen that acheived very often. Maybe the swingarm needs to be sandblasted or shotbeaded or whatever its called to get that rough effect before powdercoating.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
i think the stealth look would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i'm imagining matte black with either flat black or very dark grey decals that would be visible depending on how the light hits the bike. The matte being ever so slightly more shiny than the flat decals allowing them to be seen.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
stealth is ugly, nobody can see you so you'll probably get hit, you won't be able to sell the bike for **** if you ever want to, the decals give the bike character and break up the boringness of the all black. Your bike looks good as it is. I would spend the money on something else. Oh yeah NOBODY can see an all black bike at night.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
madbrown75 said:
nobody can see you so you'll probably get hit.

Hahaha. I had a yellow/black F4 and got hit. Can't be any more noticable than that. Anyway, i'd keep the reflective rim tape which is quite visible from the sides.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to collect pieces for track days and paint em stealth to start. If they look good then maybe i'll go stealth with my street bits. Anyone looking to get rid of any 03-04 mids, tail, upper? Some rash okay, cracks okay.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CollegeRider said:
powdercoat your engine covers and then leave your baby the way it is.

Who does your powdercoating and how closely does it match your frame? I know a guy here that does powdercoating. What do I need to know about colour etc if I go to him with parts to be done.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I know you can get a "Stealth Black Powdercoating" that is the rough effect and is exactly what the frame is coated. I have misc. parts on my quad coated stealth black and it turned out great...it give that textured effect without having to do anything to the metal. Check around for that color.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts