Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few questions...

What paint did you use to do it?

Did you scuff the canister before painting... so the paint holds better?

How long ago did you do it?

How is it holding up?

I currently have a titanium Arata canister on my all black bike, and I think it's about time to paint it black to match. I just want to make sure that if I do it, it will keep a good finish for quite a long time...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about that, will I burn the packing at the temps required for powdercoating?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well i don't kno if you can do it with titanium but you could look into anodizing! I know someone that did it to thier alum canister and looked great and we always be there!

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Get with Tripage, he has coated a few pipes. I wouldn't scuff an Arata. YOu can paint it with Krylon grill paint but I would recommend PC it if your whole can is titanium color now. If you had the black arata you can paint the ends like I did.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yah, I'll talk with tripage about it. Exhaust temperatures are quite high, so maybe it won't be an issue.... but I also know that if exhaust temps get too high, packing is toast. I'm not exactly sure what powdercoating temps run at.

Any other types of paint that have worked well?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uhm... Just the canister.

My bike is all black, and It's a suzuki so the can is on the side. Not only that, but with the gixxer all of the frame and swingarm is black, so my titanium can doesn't match the rest of the bike at all.

If I could have gotten a matte black or carbon can, I would have done it in a heartbeat. But $750 for a full system was more important at the time.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In fact, if you happen to have a carbon or matte black canister, I'll trade you straight up and we'll both be happy :)

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I won't let anyone touch my midpipe... the bluish Ti header system is fantastic!

it's just that my canister is dull and has a few scratches on it... I just think it will look much better blacked out.

Tripage, can you save the Arata Logo? Do you drill out the rivets and re rivet it when you're done?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts