Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so first thing is first. i can't seem to find very many debates between toce and hyperflo. i'm leaning towards toce becuase of the price, but if it sounds like a straight pipe i don't want it. which would make me lean towards hyperflo. everything that i've heard about hyperflo says that it is loud AF but still sounds tuned and mean. does anyone have any exprience with both?

Part 2. another reason i'm wondering about this is to decide whether or not to get the TST industries heper pack (https://tstindustries.com/HyperPack-Honda-CBR600RR-2007-2012.html) or to just get the hyperflo.

both have FE's but one obviously offers more parts than the other.
any suggestions?

·
Registered
377 Posts
get ear plugs with either of them.

toce deff has some rasp to it, even with the baffles in. but sounds really bad ass. I couldnt tolerate it for more than a month, and i sold it for an Akra.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! i was thinking it might sound a little raspy. but you're right, either way i slice it, it's going to be loud. a lot louder than my yoshi rs-5.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The Yoshi is dead silent compared to Hyperflo. For the cost I'm not sure Hyperflo is worth it, but, my bike came with it installed. You NEED earplugs and you will draw attention but luckily cops haven't bothered me and I can only assume it's because it sounds loud and deep instead of pitchy and raspy.

·
Registered
484 Posts
My bike came with the Hyperflo as well. Loud as **** as you've been told, even with the soundcores in! I like the tone though, quite deep, sounds a bit like a 1000.
It looks really good as well imho. Just the FE looks a bit cheap.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Both are loud and that's about all they have going for them because for what you get with them, both are far overpriced. Get a QUALITY pipe, pay once (see Chazz's post above) and get something that actually helps performance and sound and not hurts it.

Far too many threads around here to rehash which ones work but suffice it to say if you buy an Akra for under $700 when you go to sell it you can easily get $450-500 if it's mint. Very good return on investment in my book; pull the baffle and it's nicely loud without being obnoxious.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Both are loud and that's about all they have going for them because for what you get with them, both are far overpriced. Get a QUALITY pipe, pay once (see Chazz's post above) and get something that actually helps performance and sound and not hurts it.

Far too many threads around here to rehash which ones work but suffice it to say if you buy an Akra for under $700 when you go to sell it you can easily get $450-500 if it's mint. Very good return on investment in my book; pull the baffle and it's nicely loud without being obnoxious.

Hyperflo does claim a 4hp gain...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
from everything that I've seen, hyperflo is more performance oriented than toce. I won't argue that I could get more from akra for the same price. however I will say that a big reason for me choosing between hyperflo or toce is for the ease of a FE.
not to mention they're both aesthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just got a Toce exhaust for my bike last week and love it. Go with what you want and like. A lot of people seem to get upset when a fellow rider doesn't get what they think is best or has better gains. What do I need a few more horsepower for on a 600cc bike?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just got a Toce exhaust for my bike last week and love it. Go with what you want and like. A lot of people seem to get upset when a fellow rider doesn't get what they think is best or has better gains. What do I need a few more horsepower for on a 600cc bike?
I think "for most" the frustration comes when people get on and make a post about "what exhaust is best" they get a boatload of information. and then go completely against it. So the frustration comes from wasted breath then actually caring what exhaust people get. IMO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think "for most" the frustration comes when people get on and make a post about "what exhaust is best" they get a boatload of information. and then go completely against it. So the frustration comes from wasted breath then actually caring what exhaust people get. IMO
this is more for how obnoxious the toce exhaust is. with my first post i mentioned the tst hyper pack, which comes with a toce exhaust. i'm deciding on whether or not to get what i know is a good sounding exhaust, or take the chance with a straight pipe exhaust (toce) and get the other candy that comes with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have hyper flow on my 07 and i love them, it isn't too raspy in the lower rpm's but when you get moving they sound great. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you like the dual pipe look, don't forget about the Competition Werkes Dual GP exhaust. I have it on my '13 and I love the look (doesnt stick out past the tail looking like a rocket launcher), and the sound from it is awesome! Every time my bike hits 7k rpm and up she really hums and I always grin ear to ear every time :). Even below 7k it's outstanding!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Its a muffler? Dont you all rdy have one? Buy some rearsets, clip ons, mirrors, oh a sena. Youll like any of these things much more imo..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its a muffler? Dont you all rdy have one? Buy some rearsets, clip ons, mirrors, oh a sena. Youll like any of these things much more imo..
i already hace one that came with the bike, bike i want something better.
And the be honest, i pretty much have everything aesthetically speaking that i want, minus a fender eliminator (which i'm in the process of getting via toce hyper pack or hyperflo exhaust) and flush mount turn signals. if my yoshi was louder i wouldn't have a care in the world, but it's not. so i can sell it and buy more bike parts :grin2:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've had both on my 09 and I love the Hyperflo. I think is over priced. If you don't have the money get a toce. I mean the price of the pack is the same price as the Hyperflo. The toce to me never really changes its sound it's just loud which is fine. The Hyperflo below 7k has a mean growl. Once u pass 7k it changes to a higher pitch and it's loud which no growl.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 30 Posts