Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
---MODS, PLEASE DON'T DELETE OR MOVE THIS THREAD-----

I just wanted to ask all of my fellow riders to remember what tomorrow is. Veterans Day. I know that all this means to many is having a day off from school or work. But I ask that you give some thought and appreciation to those that have served in our United States Military. These men and women fight everyday of the year 24 hours a day to ensure we have the freedoms that we do. Right now Marines, Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen are dying overseas to protect you and your family. They do this for pride and appreciation of their country. They do this for you and I.

I am not going to go off the handle here, and make anyone feel guilty for not doing this sooner, but I ask that if you know someone who has served in the military at any time in their lives, please go to them and just say "thank you." That is all you have to say. You don't need to get into deep detail about anything. Just show them that you appreciate the fact that they were willing to give their lives for your freedom.

I don't understand why this is hard for many people to do. A lot of times it takes a conflict overseas and CNN footage of our military personnel dying, for someone to realize they have taken our military for granted.

Please, if you don't do this for any other reason than me asking you as a fellow rider, just say thank you.

Semper Fidelis,
Jared Greene - Combat Engineer Company, Combat Assault Battalion, Okinawa Japan 98 - 02
Thomas Constant - 3rd Intel Battalion, Ground Sensor, 0311, Okinawa Japan - 98 - 02

And Happy Birthday to the beloved Marine Corps!!
from 10 November 1775 kicking ass all the way to today!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
damn dude....why would you think we would delete this thread.

WE ALL SUPPORT OUR TROOPS AS WELL!

**You've been granted temporary sticky status** :D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I can honestly say that some of the most memorable moments I experienced while serving in the Navy was the appreciation expressed to me from individuals. Many times people would buy me a drink, offer a ride or pay for a meal. I had a very touching moment when I visited ground zero in my uniform with fellow shipmates. As I was reading all the letters left along the fences for the victims, an elderly lady came up to me and grabbed my arm and said "Thank You". I was thrown off guard......and it brought a tear to my eye. It made those months at sea almost bearable. A very humbling experience. I think all the young people in America should have the chance to see how lucky we are when compared to the living conditions of several countries I've visited. I hope we get the job done quickly and get the troops home.

R.W. Hillis, US Navy Submarines (retired)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Eazy E! I know a lot of moderators on other forums who don't appreciate the things our military has done for us, and yes, i have had similar threads deleted. it just makes my stomach turn and brings a tear to my eye that most don't, and never will, realize the freedoms that they have today. I would not trade my time in for anything in this world. I have never felt that amount of pride in my entire life. There does not need to be a war for our military to be appreciated. I am just happy that most realize what has been done for them.

Please everyone, if you have something to post, even just a "thank you" here, it is very appreciated. It really does warm the hearts of those who have served. I could even try and send copies of this thread to those i know that are over seas right now. you have no idea how much they would appreciate it.

again, thanks to all that read this. i know it does not have much to do with riding, but i think the importance of tomorrow is significant to all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts