Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theres a 2008 600rr for sale with low miles, a few scratches and little stuff, but he only wants about 4k for it on cl in my area. said he didnt have the title but its in his companys name and we can just go to transfer it at the dmv. how often do you come accross this? think its realistic or a con?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
... Generally these scams work because you don't get first hand access to the bike, but they're more than happy to ship it to you for free. If you can see/inspect the bike and it has a title that looks legit and something the DMV has no problems transferring into your name without any red flags I'd give it a try.

But like the good saying goes... If it's too good to be true, it usually is. Keep that in mind. There's probably a reason why he's willing to lose money.

·
Registered
593 Posts
if its real he will give you the plate number or vin and you can call your county auto registration and they will let ya know the real deal about the bike. just tell them you are lookin to buy the bike but want to make sure its not stolen...they will be glad to help.

·
Registered
129 Posts
^+1..what he said. If there is any hesitation on the part of the seller, keep it moving. It sounds as if the bike has been layed and any kind of title issue is usually a red flag. Keep up the search and look for something clean. Check the classifieds on here if you don't mind buying out of state. I've seen a lot of "dang i wish I bought that before mine" kind of bikes here lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts