Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I put two containers of oil in thinking it need oil. Rode around yesterday with no problems. Tonight Im on the highway and mid way through my journey, the bike shuts off! The oil pressure light is on! I get to the side try to start it, it does, but quickly cuts again. Get to my mom's house check the oil; there's oil in it. Now I'm thinking maybe there was enough oil in her, and now there's too much or I'm out of gas. Yes, there was one stick remaining but felt as though I had enough to get me where I was going. The fuel gage didn't blink so I should have gas, maybe not? I looked in there tank couldn't see any. Anyone have thoughts?

06 cbr 600rr

thanks.

D

·
0 Posts
You checked the oil level with the bike on the kickstand didn't you?

Drain the oil, fill it to the proper level, and run it. If there's no problems, you're lucky. If it runs like **** or keeps stalling, might as well start looking for another engine unless you want to rebuild your current one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I checked with the stand up but the lighting was bad and I was in a rush. But I did a filter and oil change; still the engine would quit. I put in 5$ worth of gas; started and ran perfectly. :) I was expecting the fuel gauge to blink when gas is low, it didn't. Maybe it doesn't blink continuously? I **** was shitting bricks for real.

D

·
0 Posts
Next time you do anything with the oil, read the owners manual. NEVER check oil level with the bike on the kickstand.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
hahahahahahaha, (not laughing at you, but with you)

good to hear it was just gas,

hahahahah I checked my oil for the first time with it on the stand, and about cried, "what I am running her with no oil":cursin::banghead:

then I read the owners manual, and leveled her, and was like, ahhhhhhhh:retard:

im good,

hahhaa,

Good to hear she is back and running,

some signs of to much oil, WHITE SMOKE OUT THE REAR,

stalling, sluggish, bogging,

I would double check the level, since you said the lighting was bad,

GOOD LUCK!!!!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I was going to change the oil on my bike, but noticed its level is were it should be and it's still relatively clean, I will next season though. and now I'm hearing rumors that you don't need to change the oil till around 8000 miles instead of 3000 miles? ANYWAYS, always make sure you level out the bike when checking the oil.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I was going to change the oil on my bike, but noticed its level is were it should be and it's still relatively clean, I will next season though. and now I'm hearing rumors that you don't need to change the oil till around 8000 miles instead of 3000 miles? ANYWAYS, always make sure you level out the bike when checking the oil.
Change it anyway you are supposed to store it with fresh clean oil.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
hahahahahahaha, (not laughing at you, but with you) good to hear it was just gas, hahahahah I checked my oil for the first time with it on the stand, and about cried, "what I am running her with no oil":cursin::banghead:
then I read the owners manual, and leveled her, and was like, ahhhhhhhh:retard:
im good, hahhaa,
Good to hear she is back and running,

some signs of to much oil, WHITE SMOKE OUT THE REAR,
stalling, sluggish, bogging,
I would double check the level, since you said the lighting was bad,
GOOD LUCK!!!!
Just to add one more thing to your list:
One of the con rods poking out the side of the block.

Don't laugh to hard cause my mother did this once... When I was a kid (around 7) she put 4 bottles (16 litres) of oil in when she was 'topping up' my old man's ford fairmont, filled it right to the top of the rocker cover, when she started it up it fired, the crank came down into the oil and the force on the piston broke the con rod just below the gudgeon pin and punched it out the side of the block. Dad wasn't happy...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hahahahahaha thats a pretty good story haha!

When i first bought my bike it had too much oil. I was like wtf? I asked the owner when it was changed last and he said he didnt know. But he only put 1k miles on it atleast

1 - 10 of 10 Posts