Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm 6'4". I definitely feel like I'm too tall for my 600RR, but when I look at the seat heights of other bikes, including literbikes, there is hardly any difference. I guess I'm just too tall for sport bikes in general. Any tall guys out there feel like these things just aren't made for someone over 6 foot. You think there will ever be a bike out there that we dont look like giants on?? About the only bike I can ride that I dont belittle is a big ass hog. But I enjoy riding my RR too much to give it up for a hog!! Leave your comments....interested what you guys think about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I am also 6'4" and about 300 pounds. I have no problem riding the bike. Because of my size I can put the bike where ever I need to which is nice. I have had many bikes in the past both dirt and street and the RR is by far my favorite. The only problem I had was having to lean over so far to reach the handle bars. It was terrible on a long ride even gripping the tank with my legs did not help much. WHat I did though is I bought the Heli-Bars a set of Pro Grips and a ThrottleMeister. Man what a world of difference it made. Now the bike fits me very well better then any of the others I have ridden. You might look into something like this. I may aldo get new rear sets to change my leg position a bit also. If you think you are two big for the RR try sitting on an R6. I looked at them and when I sat on it it felt like my mountain bike. All this said I think the ride height and layout of the RR is very good for the taller person.
Scott

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Haha...if you're 6'4'' and have trouble reaching the clip ons...you have some seeerious body proportion issues... :lol2: Just kidding, kind of...

...my brother's 6'5" and like, 185 lbs. And he looks kind of big on the bike at some times, but right on it at other times. He liked it a lot, didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It took me about a week after I bought it to really figure out a comfortable riding position, but I'm completely comfortable now. The only thing that could be different, i kinda feel like me feet are right up under my a$$, but I know thats just part of the aggressive stance. But regardless of how comfortable I am, i still make the bike look like a little toy. I'm 6'4" 215

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, 6'2" @ 205 over here and no problems on the bike, unless on a 4hr ride or so, the knees get a little stiff, but no worries, the bike cannot go 4hrs with out re-fueling. So there's some well earned streatching time there. :bounce:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your brother is 6'5" and 185??? Feed that boy something! LOL j/k I havent weighed 185 since I was in middle school...lol

·
Registered
881 Posts
Get some adjustable rearsets to fine tune the riding position for you. You can even add additional padding on your seat. You shuoldn't need to mess with the clipons, but if you added so much padding and feel like it's too much forward tilt position, there are some clipons you can try. But if you're that tall, the positioning of your hands is less of a factor. Hope that helps your predicament.

Go try to sit on some of the old gixxers from early to mid 90's. You'll feel just fine for your height.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really dont consider myself in a predicament, just was curious what other people thought about someone 6 foot plus riding a 600RR. Most of the people I had seen post on here were 6 foot or under. Didnt know if there was anyone else out there as tall as me riding these bikes. Now I see there are people who are 6'4, 6'5, even 6'6!! Thanks for all the feedback though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Clarification

Alright thanks Meddiepie954rr I am not a frreak of nature. I forgot to mention I also have a corbin seat which raises the seat height a bit thus putting more weight on the arms. I could ride the bike just fine without the clip ons but found I like it a lot better with them. I am not saying everybody go out and get them just my opinon. I do not think someone who put a lowering link on his bike would suggest doing it to everybody on here. Like I said though I am thinking about new rearsets as I have two bad knees from playing football and a long ride can be hell on them. Like someone said though I can stand flat footed at a stop light without my a$$ touching the seat if I want. gaRRyder I think you have found that there are a lot of us that are tall that have an RR I just their are not as many of us that post as everyone else. I think there is a thread floating around with the height and weight of different riders. I know when I posted on it it was up to like 5 or 6 pages. I hope we were all able to help you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
6'5

never really realized just how uncomfortable I truly am riding around on my RR till I had the chance to ride some other bikes. GSXR 1000 fits me like a glove and I am able to enjoy my riding time much more....i can hop off the bike and feel like I just rode around the block. Not knocking the RR but if you are wanting a 600 I'd be looking elsewhere. The GSXR 600 also accomadates my frame much better than our beloved double R.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm 6'2, 185. I'm lookin' to buy a 04 600rr. What are some changes that I can make to the bike? Oh yeah... I''m new to riding, and I don't know every part of the bike, so break it down for me.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Matt99DECH said:
6'5

never really realized just how uncomfortable I truly am riding around on my RR till I had the chance to ride some other bikes. GSXR 1000 fits me like a glove and I am able to enjoy my riding time much more....i can hop off the bike and feel like I just rode around the block. Not knocking the RR but if you are wanting a 600 I'd be looking elsewhere. The GSXR 600 also accomadates my frame much better than our beloved double R.
So what do you ride now?

·
Registered
262 Posts
My friend is 6'7", and his Gixxer 1k is easy for him to manuever, even hanging off.. the only problem he faces, is that a seriously long ride hurts his legs with rearsets. His feet are freakin huge, and he has to have them on the very tips of the pegs if he has his factory rear sets on, and that can cut off the circulation in the legs when you have them bent like that all the time. But it's funny when a guy does a 12 o'clock wheelie, and he is almost looking over the windscreen sitting down.. lol.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm 6'6" 185 lbs and feel fine on the RR. I had an SV650S before and I dwarfed that thing, so the RR is an improvement I guess.
6'6"....I think I'm in love...hehe.....

·
Registered
414 Posts
This is DEFFINATELY my kind of post....tall rocket riders.....it's like an advertisement for hotness...... :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts