Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some LED's in my air intakes and one of them keeps going out so I took the front fairing off to get a better look at the wiring and then the lights wouldn't go on. All the lights on the bike went out. Then the starter would crank but the engine wouldn't crank. I took it to a shop and they gave me a story about it being corrosion on the fuel pump. (ran perfectly before I took fairing off)
So my Questions are:
Why would the lights go out on the whole bike and why would it shut off the fuel pump?
How do you or do you have to reset the fuel pump?
Is there a diagnostic tool that I can plug into the bike that will help me pin point future problems?
Also read about the tilt meter so maybe I could of set that off to turn off the power to the whole bike so if so how do you reset that?

BTW this is an 03 CBR 600. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks~Nick

K

·
0 Posts
did you check to make sure all your connectors were plugged in correctly?

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
How about the bank angle sensor ( the one betwenn the head lights did you mess with
that at all ) how is the battery fully charged or not let us know and will go from there

·
Registered
48 Posts
sounds alot like the problem i had on the weekend. pull of the little triangle cover below the seat and the left hand side, there should be a yellow connector with about 10 wires( guessing not sure on exact amount) all green ( green = ground ) check that out if nothing seems bad with the key on squeeze the connection and see if your lights come on.

K

·
0 Posts
My money is on the bank angle sensor being disconnected...(grin)
me too. or at least, upside down if he took it off... why he would have disconnected it is beyond me... I've only removed 3 connectors when taking my upper off. the dash, and the two main harnesses on the left.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys,
First off thanks a ton for the replies. Second sorry I was MIA, had no internet connection. The bike is running, the shop got it running. I'm just wondering for in the future if I have to take the front fairing off again, and this happens again, how do you reset the bank angle sensor? Also is it common for the sensor to kill the power to the lights or is it just to the fuel pump? I bought the bike from one of my buddies that did a couple of custom lights to the front so I didn't even see the bank angle sensor when I took off the fairing due to all the wires all over the place so I'm going to clean that all up this weekend. I'll have to read more into parts of the bike before I try to take them apart from now on. Thanks again.

K

·
0 Posts
The BAS isn't something that requires resetting, per say. a quick off to on with the kill switch is all it takes if it's tripped. it only effects the fuel pump.

but i still don't understand what all you did. if all you did was remove the upper fairing AND NOTHING MORE, it could have been that you shorted a wire.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The BAS isn't something that requires resetting, per say. a quick off to on with the kill switch is all it takes if it's tripped. it only effects the fuel pump.

but i still don't understand what all you did. if all you did was remove the upper fairing AND NOTHING MORE, it could have been that you shorted a wire.

Yeah I learnt this myself the other day. Took the bike off its rear stand and put it on the side stand and it wouldnt start, fuel pump wouldnt kick in. Hit the kill switch on and off and she was as good as gold.

I didnt think the BAS was that fragile?

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's not that sensitive, you might have something loose under the cowl. From practical experience you have to practically lay the sensor on it's side to get it to kill the motor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I must of had a loose wire. It's probably the LED's that's not working. I didn't try to the kill switch, just used the ignition key and went on off with it so that was most likely my mistake. Thanks again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts