Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CBR600RR
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm scrolling through parts on ebay for my '03 and I noticed the tool kit box. I totally forgot that these bikes had one with tools from the factory. I bought my bike used and needless to say it doesn't have the the box or tools. I have two questions. First, what tools make the most sense to have in this kit? I can see what is on those OEM pages, but there's a lot of extra crap that I don't remember having and I want to be sure what size wrenches, hex keys, screwdrivers, etc...would actually come in handy on the road. Second, I can pick up the box fairly cheap on the bay, but I see that they all have a key lock that I can only assume matches the other locks. Would any Honda key work on this thing and if not, are there any ideas as to how I can bypass or make this work if I don't have the key it came with (spoiler; I see lots of used boxes for sale on ebay and not one comes with the key...lol).

Any ideas and/or advice is welcome. :)

·
Registered
2003 CBR600RR
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, a "NOS" kit on eBay has two open ended monkey wrenches in sizes 10, 12, 14, 17, reversible screwdriver and handle, slip joint pliers, and what I believe to be a plug wrench. The OEM parts pages online show lots of other possible tools.

·
Registered
300 Posts
This is a pure guess, but maybe just the end of the key opens the tool box? Maybe a screwdriver tip would do it, or something similar? Wild stab in the dark!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I'm scrolling through parts on ebay for my '03 and I noticed the tool kit box. I totally forgot that these bikes had one with tools from the factory. I bought my bike used and needless to say it doesn't have the the box or tools. I have two questions. First, what tools make the most sense to have in this kit? I can see what is on those OEM pages, but there's a lot of extra crap that I don't remember having and I want to be sure what size wrenches, hex keys, screwdrivers, etc...would actually come in handy on the road. Second, I can pick up the box fairly cheap on the bay, but I see that they all have a key lock that I can only assume matches the other locks. Would any Honda key work on this thing and if not, are there any ideas as to how I can bypass or make this work if I don't have the key it came with (spoiler; I see lots of used boxes for sale on ebay and not one comes with the key...lol).

Any ideas and/or advice is welcome. :)
Hi. The keylock on the box to my knowledge doesn't need a specific key, yes you can use a flat screwdriver too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts