Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i consider myself behind in the Bluetooth world as i never really needed to have one until i got my bike (a few weeks ago)

I just recently ordered a new Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone that will be used for (calls / music / gps) while on the bike.

I plan to mount my phone to the tank of the bike using the gas cap bolts. I saw this online somewhere and it looked like a good place to put it.

First question: is there a single bluetooth device out there that can link to my phone and other riders at the same time?

I could surf google and youtube for hours on end but i was hoping someone here with some good experience could at least point me in the right direction first so i can hurry up the research process...

List of things id like it to do..

Cell Phone Related:

-Phone calls: Hoping it will alert me while i am listening to music
-Music: speakers quality?
-GPS

Rider Related:
Communication with the riders around me: How do i switch from my phone to the riders around me? Or is this not possible?

Comfort and ease of use:
Hoping its not so hard to use i wont bother using it at all
Should be easy to install in the helmet and be comfortable
The smaller more clean looking the better

Any information you can give would be awesome!
Thanks

·
Registered
774 Posts
look up the chatterbox bro. I link it to my GPS via bluetooth and talk with other riders with the chatterbox at the same time. Or if not connected to the phone it has a FM radio built in you can hear and talk with other riders at the same time.

chatterboxusa.com

you'll be looking at the Chatterbox X1 slim. Disco (vendor) sell it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Man I've got the Bluetooth oneal helmet in a flat black that I love for my music, and it looks pretty stealthy to, if you can find one at a reasonable price cause they are up there

·
Registered
774 Posts
I've decided I'm going with a Sena SMH10 after much research and reading reviews. Does all you mentioned.
Looks good i believe i was about to buy that too when i first started looking. only thing is that only 4 people communication? if you end up riding with bigger groups...say 80...to 100....ur kinda out of luck...groups i ride with 4 people communication will never hold up.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Looks good i believe i was about to buy that too when i first started looking. only thing is that only 4 people communication? if you end up riding with bigger groups...say 80...to 100....ur kinda out of luck...groups i ride with 4 people communication will never hold up.
I've never seen a group that large with that many BT devices. I imagine you would talk to your friends that had similar systems than you, but really? 100 people? All on BT? Trying to talk to each other? Crazy.

·
Registered
827 Posts
yeah and what are the odss all 80 or 100 people of them having bluetooth setup too.

but back to the main reason i posted, im looking to get these soon, and seem like they would work pretty darn good for riding

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/LG-Tone-Wireless-Bluetooth-Packaging/dp/B0052YFYFK[/ame]

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the information everyone ill go ahead and spend some time watching Sena reviews...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Glad you posted this, i'm looking for the same thing. A few of my friends have the chatterbox, usually when we ride there are minimum 5 of us all of which have a chatterbox. So initially i was leaning towards it. Time to do some more research.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've decided I'm going with a Sena SMH10 after much research and reading reviews. Does all you mentioned.
I also just ordered 3 sets of these. It was the new model SMH10-11 which has two microphones depending what you prefer either boom mic or fixed. Looking forward to getting these I may even post a review.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 13 of 13 Posts